How expensive is your program?Register Today!
This is a discussion on How expensive is your program? in LPN / LVN Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Just curious about the different pricing in the country. I attend a 12-month LVN program: Fall...by ZanatuBelmont Jan 16, '09Just curious about the different pricing in the country. I attend a 12-month LVN program:
Fall 2008: 2,150 tuition/fees + $700 books + $100 misc.
Spring 2009: $2,275 tuition/fees + $100 books + $450 misc (graduate pin, board fees, etc.)
Summer I: $1,550 tuition/fees
I am out of district, though. The in-district fees total $5,500.
This is Tyler Junior College, by the way.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=362883©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,667 Views
- Jan 16, '09 by TheCommuterI paid almost $20,000 to attend a private 12-month LVN program at a trade school in the Los Angeles area in 2004. And yes, I know community colleges and adult education schools have cheaper tuition rates.
- Jan 16, '09 by KIMYNURSE2BMy 13 month program is now 15,500 I paid 12,500
2 sets of blue scrubs about 40.00-50.00
2 sets of white clinical uniforms- & shoes 150.00-200.00
2 pins for clinicals -about 5.00
Books- including Tabers-drugbook & class books- 500.00
Graduation uniform- about 50.00
Needed a laptop computer-Yes could of gone to Library
I am going to say I paid about 14,000 -15,000 all said and done
Some of the above could of beed cheaper
I bought new books
Some people only bought 1 scrub 1 uniform evan though we were told 2
Did not "have" to get a computer and so on
- Jan 16, '09 by WhoNeedsaShot?I am in a 12 month LPN program at a local vo-tech, in Indiana
It is a "program" so fees are not broken down into semesters
Fail a class after week 8, and you are not onlyout of the program but also your money.
It was $7,350.00
This covers tutition
Parking permits and
- Jan 16, '09 by tothepointeLVNCheap compared to LA
- Jan 16, '09 by Jules AMine was around $5,000 at a CC.
- Jan 17, '09 by ladynurse1My program is roughly $4,100
- Jan 17, '09 by majik25k in Southern Cali. And, I didn't pass the NCLEX. Waiting to resit.
- Jan 17, '09 by majikI'm also in L.A. I need to try other alternatives. I heard from everyone that the Suzanne Plan is great.
- Jan 17, '09 by amjowensQuote from MajikBefore you do anything, make sure to get your confidence and mind in order!!! I heard that the reason the rate of passing goes down with the more times you take the NCLEX is likely because of what people who don't pass tell themselves, and their confidence sinks... Don't let this happen to you....YOU WILL PASS!25k in Southern Cali. And, I didn't pass the NCLEX. Waiting to resit.
I paid about $5000 in total at a community college. Some of the schools around here are 4 times that. Ouch! What we do to be nurses! If I HAD to pay that outrageous rate to be a LPN, I'd probably do it. With LPN salaries, though, I'd really have to sit and weigh the +/- of waiting for a community college spot for a year vs. that debt.