LPN starting pay $26.50! - Page 4Register Today!
- Jul 10, '09 by LadyBugLPNI've heard of a few places in MI that start around that rate...but not many. Do you mind me asking where? I'm a new LPN in MI and currently looking in the Detroit area. Just started the job hunt, haven't even applied anywhere yet! PM me if you don't want to post it. Thanks!
- Jul 11, '09 by alapon77Sounds great if you can endure living in DETROIT. There's always a trade off.
- Jul 12, '09 by saskennOk I tried to keep quiet, but for all of those that keep stating that this job is in Detroit, so it must not be too good, obviously didn't read the OP. She said the Metro-Detroit area. Which could be Detroit or the surronding suburbs. I am from Detroit an LPN student and work in a LTC facility. The area hospitals don't pay LPN's much however alot of the LTC's do. Don't be so stereotypical of an area that you may not know much about. All large cities have their good and the bad, so stating that it's "DETROIT" as though that's something that's sooo awwful and very ill-informed of those that are looking their noses down at this city, who they obiviously don't know much about. It's a very diverse dynamic city to live in and around with great people and culture.Last edit by saskenn on Jul 12, '09
- Jul 12, '09 by alapon77Yeah, you're probably right. I was just bored at the time and felt like 'dis'sing a major metropolitan area from the midwest.:spin: No hard feelings?
- Jul 12, '09 by saskennNone taken, I just hate that our city get's such a bad rap, and there are really good hard working people here. The media can be so one-sided. Many visit the area and are pleasantly suprised that the "D" is acutally pretty nice.
- Jul 15, '09 by EverNurseRNI work LTC in central Indiana..$28/hr with benefits...3 yrs exp...and the company/facility is amazing..i loooove my job!!
- Jul 27, '09 by LPN4hirehmmm im making 21.00 in north jersey for an agency with no benifits I must be nuts!
- Aug 8, '09 by spanishchikBburgNurse,
Just curious where you work? I am looking for work in a LTC here in Indy.
- Aug 8, '09 by BobylonWhen I met my wife (whitewater rafting for 8 days 7 nights through the Grand Canyon), she lived in suburban Detroit...... I mad many flights out tosee her before moving there, and whilst we were doing our long distance romance thang, she slipped a t-shirt into my carry-on which read "I'm so BAD I VACATION IN DETROIT !!!"
At that time, I was living in suburban Philly, and, beings as everyone thought the worst of The Motor City, the shirt was a big hitwhenever/wherever I wore it...LOL. We've since moved south, but Detroit is just another big American city, for better and for worse. Suburbs are suburbs....... My only gripe with living in the Metro Detroit area was that winters were insufferably long and dreary .... who feels like shoveling 12" of snow to get your cars out of the driveway, only to come home to find a wall of frozen street snow having been plowed back up into your driveway after the streets got plowed (this was a suburb thang - I don't thini Detroit had the $$$ to plow all their sidestreets, just the main thoroughfares...). Not to mention that Detroit apparently sits atop a major salt mine, so salt is cheap and HEAVILY used on the roads..... I must say - life in Tennessee is far more agreeable - pay rates are lower, but so is the cost of living, and the weather is a LOT nicer
- Aug 28, '09 by WingsEarned21I made $28 and change for working a weekend program at teh hospital.That was weekend bonus for just working weekends and night shift.We also got a bonus every 3 months.If the holiday didn't fall on the weekend you didn't work it.After 5 years though the 45 min ride one way bout killed me.Northeast ohio.