LPN starting pay $26.50! - page 4
My brother just finished up his LPN school a few months ago, he got hired here in the metro detroit area in MI for $26.50 starting. I am attending the same school he went to, I am half way done and will be graduating in 9 months... Read More
- 0Jul 10, '09 by LadyBugLPNI've heard of a few places in MI that start around that rate...but not many. Do you mind me asking where? I'm a new LPN in MI and currently looking in the Detroit area. Just started the job hunt, haven't even applied anywhere yet! PM me if you don't want to post it. Thanks!
- 15Jul 12, '09 by saskennOk I tried to keep quiet, but for all of those that keep stating that this job is in Detroit, so it must not be too good, obviously didn't read the OP. She said the Metro-Detroit area. Which could be Detroit or the surronding suburbs. I am from Detroit an LPN student and work in a LTC facility. The area hospitals don't pay LPN's much however alot of the LTC's do. Don't be so stereotypical of an area that you may not know much about. All large cities have their good and the bad, so stating that it's "DETROIT" as though that's something that's sooo awwful and very ill-informed of those that are looking their noses down at this city, who they obiviously don't know much about. It's a very diverse dynamic city to live in and around with great people and culture.Last edit by saskenn on Jul 12, '09
- 3Jul 12, '09 by saskennNone taken, I just hate that our city get's such a bad rap, and there are really good hard working people here. The media can be so one-sided. Many visit the area and are pleasantly suprised that the "D" is acutally pretty nice.
- 0Aug 8, '09 by BobylonWhen I met my wife (whitewater rafting for 8 days 7 nights through the Grand Canyon), she lived in suburban Detroit...... I mad many flights out tosee her before moving there, and whilst we were doing our long distance romance thang, she slipped a t-shirt into my carry-on which read "I'm so BAD I VACATION IN DETROIT !!!"
At that time, I was living in suburban Philly, and, beings as everyone thought the worst of The Motor City, the shirt was a big hitwhenever/wherever I wore it...LOL. We've since moved south, but Detroit is just another big American city, for better and for worse. Suburbs are suburbs....... My only gripe with living in the Metro Detroit area was that winters were insufferably long and dreary .... who feels like shoveling 12" of snow to get your cars out of the driveway, only to come home to find a wall of frozen street snow having been plowed back up into your driveway after the streets got plowed (this was a suburb thang - I don't thini Detroit had the $$$ to plow all their sidestreets, just the main thoroughfares...). Not to mention that Detroit apparently sits atop a major salt mine, so salt is cheap and HEAVILY used on the roads..... I must say - life in Tennessee is far more agreeable - pay rates are lower, but so is the cost of living, and the weather is a LOT nicer
- 1Aug 28, '09 by WingsEarned21I made $28 and change for working a weekend program at teh hospital.That was weekend bonus for just working weekends and night shift.We also got a bonus every 3 months.If the holiday didn't fall on the weekend you didn't work it.After 5 years though the 45 min ride one way bout killed me.Northeast ohio.