How was your day?Register Today!
- by notmanydaysoff Jul 26Been working urgent care for a while; some days are busier than others. Today was a 10 outta 10 on the busy scale. In a 10-hr shift, we saw close to 50 pts. Included several lacerations w/both suture and dermabond repair, 1 anaphylaxis, 2 pts that needed IVs, about 6 or so injections (lost count) - lotsa TDaP and a coupla IM antibiotics, 2 urinary caths, several broken bones, a coupla orthoglass splints, 1 person to the ER, many x-rays, OMG...the list goes on!
1 doc and 2 nurses. I'm tired but it was a good day. I'm home now and unwinding.
How was your day?
- Jul 27 by andreasmom02Glad you had a good day... The last urgent care I worked in there was one doctor, one NP, and three nurses. We saw an average of 100 pts. a day in a ten hour shift! I worked there three shifts & quit after the third! That place was a busy nightmare! lol Wasn't for me... Kudos to the nurses who can handle 100 pts. in a ten hour shift though. I couldn't.. lol
- Jul 28 by benBELLA94God bless you guys. That sounds like conveyor belt nursing !. How do you ever manage ?.
- Jul 29 by ClearBlueOctoberSkySure, but unfortunately to the dismay of my family, they are already gone. Glad It's my weekend.
- Jul 29 by xoemmylouoxI busted out the Oreos lastnight in preparation for the week to come
- Jul 29 by ClearBlueOctoberSkyYeah for being for proactive!
- Jul 29 by amygarsideup for all nurses! stay tough guys!