Best low stress jobs for LPN/RNsRegister Today!
- by ex1140 Aug 23, '06I don't think I will be a typical nurse I say that as both a good and bad thing. You see...I don't like stressful environments and I make it a point to search for jobs that provide a good learning envirmonment without the high stress level. Can you provide some areas of nursing that provide such an envirmonment other than corrections? Thanks!
*the reason I don't info on corrections is because I work in this area and I am tired of the long pill lines every morning and pulling all that medication every night.Last edit by ex1140 on Aug 23, '06
- 16,804 Views
- Aug 23, '06 by NickiLaughsSome group homes, depending on where you work, as a warning though, lower stress jobs pay less. Around here, group homes pay 3$ less an hour than another job I could find. But you only have 6 patients, and I spend most of the day watching TV with them. Pretty boring though.
- Aug 23, '06 by TheCommuterLPNs who work in outpatient clinics have low-stress jobs that offer flexible hours. However, the wages are low.
- Aug 23, '06 by Bala SharkMy nursing instructor told me that LPNs can work at methadone clinics...Very nonstressful because the LPN is dispensing methadone for drug addicts and that is the main job dutyLast edit by Bala Shark on Aug 23, '06
- Aug 26, '06 by pagandeva2000Quote from Bala SharkI'd do that...My nursing instructor told me that LPNs can work at methadone clinics...Very nonstressful because the LPN is dispensing methadone for drug addicts and that is the main job duty
- Aug 26, '06 by Ginger's MomWorking with drug addicts who are manipulative and demanding in my opinion would be stressful. I would be concerned about being robbed!
Insurance companies and home care often use LPNS.
- Aug 28, '06 by PaulaLPN06I am headed to an interview at our local Addiction Crisis Center today, and Im very excited about it. I think this is going to be an interesting position will let you know what I think after my interview but it seems to be a low stress job.
- Sep 1, '06 by lindseylpngroup homes and home health are both low stress and in my experiences fun, it can be boring sometimes though. home health acctually pays pretty good too.