State retirement/County retirementRegister Today!
- by travel09 May 9, '12Hi everyone,
I was wondering if there were any hospitals in the state that offer state/county retirement instead of 401K type plans?
Thank you for all of the replies!
- May 9, '12 by Esme12Not many do anymore unless it is a county hospital or a prison.
- May 9, '12 by travel09That is a bummer! Do you know of any county hospitals in Louisville?
- May 9, '12 by elkparkIn my state, even the county and state employees are now on a 403b (like 401k) type retirement program, rather than a traditional, defined-benefit pension.
- May 23, '12 by pecanpiesUniversity of Louisville offers a 403b. I don't know of any that offer defined-benefit pension plans - at least, not to new hires. Maybe the VA?
- May 25, '12 by NurseCardWhen I oriented at Eastern State Hospital in Lexington, they
were still requiring new staff to carry KY Retirement, but I
believe they were getting ready to do away with that policy
and start offering, I believe, a 403b. They MAY STILL be offering
the KY Retirement, I don't know. I work there for a staffing
I started working there just this past October, BTW.
In Louisville, try Central State Hospital for KY Retirement.Last edit by NurseCard on May 25, '12 : Reason: Adding info
- May 25, '12 by travel09Thank you for the information NurseCard. What agency do you work for? I am debating to go staff or agency (never did agency before). Any suggestions or opinions you can provide? Thank you
- Jun 9, '12 by NurseCardI worked for Nurse's Registry; I only did it because I was having trouble
finding a full time job, and because they sent nurses to Eastern State,
which I thought was cool; I love Psych nursing.
If you are in or near Lexington and are interested in agency nursing, I
would contact them, they are very nice people working in that office, very
understanding if you can't pick up shifts... just very nice. Downside for
NR is that they staff very few facilities; however they have opportunities
for doing private duty as well.
I have another full time job now and can't pick up any shifts but if my
hours change anytime soon, then I may go back to picking up some
shifts at Eastern.
- Sep 17, '12 by RN_2012THOMPSON HOOD VA has a state retirement system.