1. You are NOT the only resident in this facility.
2. Your mother is NOT the only resident in this facility.
3. No, there is no way you can still receive Dad's Social Security check. Get a job.
4. If you're unhappy with her care here, by all means, take her home. Here, I'll help you
5. Your Dad, the aphasic, bedridden, 5 yrs+ incontinent resident with advanced dementia
said he needed to go to the bathroom? Really? Well stop the press! We are witness to a miracle! And right as we're serving lunch, too....
6. YOU aren't paying good money for anything. Medicaid is. You're welcome.
7. Sure, go ahead and give you're NPO Mom on a feed tube her beloved coffee. She'll
aspirate and maybe even die, as explained ad nauseum. As if sneaking her foods/drinks by mouth when we're not looking somehow lessens the risks...
8. No, Mom is not going to suddenly "snap out of" the catastrophic stroke she had so
you can take her check, er...her
home with you.
9. You can cover Dad up as well as I can.
10. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (As I bang my head on the desk).
Thank you for letting me get that out. As you can see, I'm a "little" fed up with LTC. I've been a LTC nurse for almost 6 yrs now, and I HAVE HAD IT!!!!!!!!!!! Demanding/whiny/entitled residents, demanding/whiny/entitled family members, mountains of paperwork, it's crushing my spirit and making me resentful at nursing. I have many more things I would LOVE to say to residents, MD's, families, corporate CEO's, etc., but I think the above will suffice for now. Again, thank you for the rant. Please feel free to add your own.