Do you have to count lyrica at your LTC facility?Register Today!
- by Blackcat99 Oct 18, '12We have to count all of our lyrica at my job every shift. I was curious as to whether this was just something done at my LTC or if there were other facilities that also counted lyrica.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=792793©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,028 Views
- Oct 18, '12 by montecarlo64yes. Indiana.
- Oct 18, '12 by 1busymaniamQuote from Blackcat99Yes we count Lyrica every twelve hours........ Russell RoachWe have to count all of our lyrica at my job every shift. I was curious as to whether this was just something done at my LTC or if there were other facilities that also counted lyrica.
- Oct 18, '12 by ReigenOurs counts Lyrica and it is placed with other narcotics, and we count coumadin and all antibotics as well....last two prevents missed doses (or so we hope).
- Oct 18, '12 by nyteshadeLyrica is a schedule V controlled substance. It is counted.
- Oct 18, '12 by Blackcat99Thanks to all. Where I worked in LTC 3 years ago we didn't count it. I like the idea of counting antibiotics. I always find "leftover antibiotics" after antibiotics are dc'd at my current LTC.
- Oct 18, '12 by serenidad2004Our lyrica was always in the pyxis in skilled... so yes it was counted
- Oct 18, '12 by VinniesguyPretty sure here in NSW we don't count it - but we don't keep it as stock unless someone needs it. We don't count antibiotics or coumadin either!
- Oct 18, '12 by LindaB73Yep. Lyrica is kept in the narc drawer.
- Oct 19, '12 by CapeCodMermaidIt's preposterous to count Coumadin and Antibiotics. Why don't you start counting the colace or the digoxin to make sure those are given as well?