Weight gain? - page 3
by hawksrn2014 | 4,861 Views | 40 Comments
This may seem like a dumb/trivial question, but how many of you gained or lost weight from the stress or busyness of nursing school? I worked my butt off to lose 55 pounds a few years ago, and I'm curious as to whether or not... Read More
- 0Sep 11, '12 by hawksrn2014Figured I should answer my own post ;-) Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I just need to stick to my routine and steer clear of the machines and drive through. I've been freezing meals so my family and I can have real food for dinner and I don't have to slave over the stove every night. I drink a lot if smoothies, thanks to the Vitamix I got for my birthday, and I've heard about people freezing them the night before in freezer canning jars and putting them in lunch boxes so they're thawed by lunch.
- 0Sep 11, '12 by sharpeimom GuideFreezing meals ahead is a great idea. We've done it for years.
You can also keep a supply of hardboiled eggs handy, healthful high fiber cereal in measured out baggies
that taste good without any milk to munch, Luna and MoJo bars are good, nutritious, high fiber and filling
solutions. I get our bars from drugstore.com If you buy $25 worth of stuff, it's postage free, with the exception
of a few things they sell.
Baggies of cut-up fresh and dehydrated fruits and veggies, V-8 juice, bites of cheese with a reusable cup of mustard dip,
hidden valley, honey mustard, or peanut butter. Add a baggie of pretzels, crackers, etc. and you're set to
Instant oatmeal (I use the WW kind of Quaker) with some added dried cherries, cranberries, raisins, or dates
for added sweetness.) Just a FEW though, or the results can be deadly!
- 0Dec 22, '12 by FLmedI was sooo cute before nursing school. Nursing school aged me and I put on 15 pounds. I was determined to lose it after my BSN. Now I'm working full time and in a masters program. I just finished my first semester towards my MSN, and it ended up being too much. I had to drop a few classes. I'm determined to get this 15 pounds off. I was a runner before nursing school, and I'm committed to shutting my pie hole and getting on a treadmill! I'll get my swag back.Last edit by FLmed on Dec 22, '12
- 0Dec 23, '12 by rubatoWell, I can report that after my first semester I managed to gain 16 lbs. Never thought it could happen to me but it did. Why? Clinicals made me tired but didn't burn off any calories. And, my hubby just cannot cook healthy meals. Everyone in the family gained weight. We're all taking it off now, and I will spend the last week before the semester starts cooking and freezing meals. It will not happen again!
- 0Dec 24, '12 by BloomNurseRNUgh. I wish I had been smarter and able to keep the weight off but 3 semesters in (only 1 to go!) I've gained the 30 lbs I worked so hard to lose before starting the program. I am trying to work really hard to watch my intake and absolutely increase my exercise so I can look cute in all the graduation pics coming up. LOL. Gotta have something for motivation right?!