Super awesome day today(L&D/Newborn)!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Super awesome day today(L&D/Newborn)! in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I had the best experience today! Not only did I finally get to see a c-section and a vaginal...by Katie71275 Nov 2, '12I had the best experience today! Not only did I finally get to see a c-section and a vaginal birth, I also got to do a cervical check(most don't let students, but this was a teaching hosp. and a former grad from our program). Then all the other goodies: newborn assessment, hep b vaccine, baby's first bath! It was my last day in clinical and I had been disappointed so far b/c Id seen one vag birth and the rest of our time at this hosp, we'd been sharing babies for feeding/care, and finally we had tons of babies! Just had to share b/c no one else(besides other students) would understand the joy of getting to do a cervical check. I am over the moon excited about the opportunity I got today!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=795623©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Nov 3, '12 by kaydensmom01I would be excited also, thats great! When I went to L&D I did not get to see any births, it was a bummer! We only did one day with babies, one day with moms and then one day in labor. There was no one in labor while I was there, it was a long day! I wish that I would of got to do a cervical check, I would be excited also
- Nov 3, '12 by rubatoHow awesome for you!!!!! I haven't made it that far in our program yet, but am hopeful to get to be a part of something amazing like that.
- Nov 3, '12 by turnforthenurseRNWhat a great opportunity, good for you!!! In my program we were not allowed to do cervical checks.
- Nov 3, '12 by owlRN01I love L&D! I will always remember the births I witnessed as a student...I had tears in my eyes Lucky clinical day indeed!
- Nov 3, '12 by zoe92Congrats! That sounds like it was an exciting learning experience- can't wait till I get to see some births!
- Nov 3, '12 by WantToBeMidwifeAwesome!!! I work as a doula so I have seen quite a few births, but it doesn't matter how many you see, they are ALL amazingly wonderful! I can't wait to get to do cervical checks too! Who knew something like that could be so exciting?!?!
- Nov 4, '12 by wannabmidwifeWhat an exciting experience! This is my 4th semester and I've been waiting to do that since day one. Still have to wait till next semester but I'm sharing in your happiness. That's awesome!!
- Nov 4, '12 by iluvpathoI had OB last semester and loved it! I used to smile the whole way home from clinical. We were also ata ateaching hospital that was huge so I got teh opportunity to see a lot. I didn't get to do a cervical check though! Congrats, days like that make everything else worth it
- Nov 4, '12 by Katie71275Thanks everyone! I loved it!!!