Random drug tests in nursing school?!Register Today!
- by Yolopilas Jun 12Just out of pure curiosity how many of you have underwent a random drug test during your program? Do these happen a lot? Or only when a student is being suspicious? I'm aware of the annual drug screening but not the random ones. Any insight please!!
- 12,637 Views
- Jun 12 by Fireman767We had ours set up by the school, and we were informed the day before. I do know one student who was drug tested because she exhibited suspicious activities to the instructor. She was found to be on pain killers due to a leg problem (glad they screened her!)
- Jun 12 by aubgurlTotally random. They showed up at our class last night actually.
- Jun 12 by loriangel14I had none at all during school and only one test before starting my job 6 years ago.
- Jun 12 by MewsinNone. I have never had a drug test for a job or for school.
- Jun 12 by zoe92I have to take one in July before school starts. Once we start in the fall, I don't know what will happen. I think random are best. I have heard of people going through extreme measures to not get caught.
One acquaintance I know who is a CNA somehow purchased clean urine online to take to her drug test so she would have no traces of marijuana in her system. Completely ridiculous.
- Jun 12 by Esme12I would check with your program for not all programs require them.