How soon you will be drug tested after admission?Register Today!
- by Tora Oct 29, '11I was wondering how fast you can be drug tested at UTA after admission?
- 4,163 Views
- Oct 29, '11 by xtxrnIf they have a random policy, they can do it whenever they want. Stay away from illegal drugs If you have a prescription for a medication that may show up, you should be fine- just have the prescription in your name, current, and be willing to bring it in to show them if they ask
- Oct 29, '11 by ToraObviously it does make difference to some, otherwise they would not ask the question.
- Oct 29, '11 by CloveryMy school requires it be done within 10 days of the date the acceptance letter was mailed. I don't think any school is going to give you much notice... it kind of defeats the purpose if they allow you a month or so to go get tested.
- Oct 29, '11 by xtxrnQuote from ToraHere's the thing. With drugs like pot, it can take up to 3 months to leave your system, depending on amount/frequency of usage; uppers/narcs? Those generally clear sooner and more predictably. Booze - the general "rule" is one drink per hour clears (but it's different depending on gender and weight).Obviously it does make difference to some, otherwise they would not ask the question.
If you show up positive, you may not have to worry about school testing you for drugs. You'll be on your tail in the parking lot. Some people take the chance- and that's their right . I wouldn't risk it.
- Oct 29, '11 by SanukCouple of things: don't be offended by the responses you get when you join a nursing forum and your first post is about drug testing; if you have a substance abuse problem, perhaps nursing is not the career path for you; and maybe not the wisest course to put the specific school you're going to on a forum asking about drug testing. Just food for thought.
- Oct 29, '11 by Hospice Nurse LPNQuote from ToraI'm sure they aren't going to give you a date. Our school is random throughout the semester.I was wondering how fast you can be drug tested at UTA after admission?
Quote from ToraAre you asking because you have an addiction problem? I would suggest getting help before attempting a nursing program.Obviously it does make difference to some, otherwise they would not ask the question.
- Oct 29, '11 by That GuySchool never did. They could random you if they ever wanted/needed to though.
Work did first week.