How Many Schools Did You Apply For?Register Today!
This is a discussion on How Many Schools Did You Apply For? in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I'm almost done with my pre-nursing courses. And because nursing applications deadlines are coming...by mxDP95 Dec 1, '12I'm almost done with my pre-nursing courses. And because nursing applications deadlines are coming closer and closer, and I was wondering how many schools I should apply for. I just don't want to only apply for a couple of schools and not get accepted, when if I applied to such-and-such school I would get accepted. I know many people don't get in on their first shot but how many different schools did you apply for before starting a nursing program?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=800173©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Dec 1, '12 by f8dagrateI applied to three school due to my excessive withdraws, which made it difficult for me to qualify for those schools. I just got accepted into one recently and rejected from another, I am still waiting for the answering from the last school.
- Dec 1, '12 by Racer15Just one, and I was accepted for the semester I applied for. I couldn't really afford to go anywhere else.
- Dec 1, '12 by xxkmpxxOne! I didn't think I would get in so this semester I was finishing my pre reqs for the other two schools in my area. Surprisingly I got my acceptance letter to the school I applied for and start in January (i did apply twice to this school)
- Dec 2, '12 by blacksunflowerI applied to one school, and was finishing the last prerequisite that I needed in order to apply to four more. I got lucky and got accepted to the first one right away!
- Dec 2, '12 by SoupysoupI applied to three. Accepted to one, wait listed to one and rejected from one. Go figure.
- Dec 3, '12 by Bloomgirl118I applied to one school but for two programs. My school offers a Practical Nursing and an Associate of Science in Nursing. I applied to both in case I didn't get in the ASN program but luckily I did.
I was going to apply for other schools within about an hour drive but I ran out of time, otherwise I would have.
- Dec 3, '12 by elegant.lil.ladyI applied to three schools, and only got into one. Luckily, it was my top choice!
- Dec 3, '12 by lianna88I applied to one (accelerated BSN program), and got in. I consider myself extremely lucky.
- Dec 3, '12 by calinursestudent818I'm planning on applying to two. I think the odds are best picking 2-3 schools to apply to.