How many people are in your nursing class?Register Today!
- by Kskar91 Aug 3I just went to check out my nursing roster and there are only 19 people starting my program in the fall! I don't know if they only had that many meet requirements or what. I thought in previous terms they accepted 40 but we only have 19 this year. Idk why but I cant complain about a small class size. How many are in your class? Id this strange to only have this many starting a class?
- 4,689 Views
- Aug 3 by justjohnMy class only has 8 but thats all they accept every two years.
- Aug 3 by Mell101Well im a cna and got certified in my 11th grade year (graduated 2 months ago)and my class consisted of nearly 40 students. So it all depends. And just because your in school didnt mean they accepted everyone.
- Aug 3 by Kskar91Actually I'm not in school yet and I'm about 100% sure that's all who were accepted. We had to accept our seat by the 24 of June and alternates were notify the day after and had a week to accept their seat as well. Registration is now closed and no one can be added after it is closed. Our orientation is a week away. If you're not invited to orientation you're not in the program. So yes, really we only have 19 students in an ADN program.
Wow I thought my class size was small. 9 people? I'm envious.
- Aug 3 by justjohnI was accepted to a satellite campus. Most nursing lecture classes will be by distant learning. We have one instructor at my location that teaches lab and a couple other classes. She is also the clinical instructor. The satellite campus only has 8 slots, they do accept 10 people though, because two are expected to drop out the first semester. The main campus takes 50 students each semester and another satellite campus takes 8 every two years. The satellite campuses only have one nursing class going at a time. So my class will be the only nursing class on campus for two years. When we graduate they will start a new class.
- Aug 3 by Kskar91Our LPN is very much like that . Pretty much the exact same because the LPN program is held at satellite campus' along with the main campus where ADN is only held at the main campus. Our ADN is only a few years old maybe 5 at the most and we were being evaluated for our initial accreditation by the NLN. We re approved by the BON and can get licensed and work. I think a lot of students thought our program was not going to receive the accreditation but we did. I think the small class size was to only pick the top 4.0 students so hopefully NCLEX pass rates will be high the next few years to keep the accreditation. But of course that's speculation. Either way I'm ecstatic about being accepted and cant wait to start! I don't know how well I would do with the distance learning though. I'm way less likely to procrastinate in an on campus class. Good luck!
- Aug 3 by FutureNurse114My rn program started with 80 and going into second semester with 47!! :-/
- Aug 3 by Corrine SNMy program (BSN) is said to have accepted 48, but it looks like there are 44 registered.
- Aug 3 by Mandy0728Our BSN program accepts 80 students each semester, including summer. 2 of our universities share the same nursing program, so the 80 total comes from both schools.
- Aug 3 by Nurse2b7337Quote from Kskar91I would love this class size. I'm not sure how many are in mine as we have rolling admissions. Good luck to you!I just went to check out my nursing roster and there are only 19 people starting my program in the fall! I don't know if they only had that many meet requirements or what. I thought in previous terms they accepted 40 but we only have 19 this year. Idk why but I cant complain about a small class size. How many are in your class? Id this strange to only have this many starting a class?
Sent from my iPad using allnurses.com