I am not graduating but I did make it through my first semester. My advice for a new student is ....
1) review nursing math. do a search on the web or buy a nursing math book.
2) buy thick notebooks, clear divider sheet that you can put papers into, and regular dividers for each class.
3) if the class book has a study guide then get it and use it.
4) learn the basic lab values. ex: WBC, CBC, Hgb, Hct, sed rates, CPK, and electrolytes.
5) reveiw medical terminology
6)tell all your friends to leave you alone for two years. let them know it is nothing they did but that you are needing this time to do the single most important job you will ever encounter. and while you are at it, ask them if they can bake you a freezable dish!
7) SINGLE MOST BIT OF INFORMATION. Stay on top of all assignments.