You might be a night shifter if... - page 11
by beeker | 24,387 Views | 151 Comments
You sit through 3 red lights before you realize the car in front of you is broken down, and not just stopped at the light. oops.... Read More
- 6Jan 17, '13 by proud nurseIn the summer, you want to strangle the neighbor who thinks it's cool to crank up the lawn mower at 0800, 0900, 1000...
You write noc instead of night all the time...when your're not at work
Around 0500 you're dog tired and need a nap so bad you're ready to cry, you're dreaming how you can't wait to get home and go straight to bed. But then you get home and you can't sleep.
- 6Jan 17, '13 by ShantheRN, BSN, RNThis thread is full of win!
...when you've been on a staycation for the past two weeks and still eat dinner around 0200 and consider going to bed at 0500 going to bed early.
...seeing bright daylight makes your sleep center panic. I met my aunt for lunch a few days ago and I kept saying "I'm not hungry, my body is telling me to go back to bed!"
.....0430-0530 is the longest hour ever, yet at 0600 you start zooming through your charting, clearing pumps, mentally counting down the minutes!
- 3Jan 17, '13 by duskyjewelQuote from RNsRWeSeriously, that might be a death penalty offense. I swear to God, my patients in the hospital did anything BUT sleep, and the ones who did sleep, we constantly woke up for vitals or blood sugar checks. I can't even imagine the nightmare of having to deal with meals on top what I already do (I'm a CNA) and have no desire to ever switch and find out.....when you have to hear yet another person say "wow, graveyard shift in a hospital must be so BORING; do you watch tv or something to pass the time?"
- 11Jan 17, '13 by duskyjewelAnd now for my own contribution:
When you hear the evening drive guy on the radio saying, "TGIF! Welcome to the weekend!" on your way to work. And realize you have never once in your life ever held a job where Friday means ANYTHING! ;-)
- 2Jan 17, '13 by CrufflerJJQuote from danielle5454When checking a pt's orientation to time, I often find myself double-checking my watch & saying "you're right!". It's sad to realize just how fragile my grasp on the month-of-the-year can be at 0400.You become disoriented with time,place and person=)