You might be a night shifter if... - Page 11Register Today!
- Jan 17 by M/B-RNWhen you wake up on your night off at 3 or 4 am because you're ready to eat some lunch.
- Jan 17 by proud nurseIn the summer, you want to strangle the neighbor who thinks it's cool to crank up the lawn mower at 0800, 0900, 1000...
You write noc instead of night all the time...when your're not at work
Around 0500 you're dog tired and need a nap so bad you're ready to cry, you're dreaming how you can't wait to get home and go straight to bed. But then you get home and you can't sleep.
- Jan 17 by CloudySueYou go through multiple bottles of melatonin and Vitamin D each year!
- Jan 17 by BrandonLPN...if it's 345 in the morning and you're posting on this thread....
- Jan 17 by ShantheRNThis thread is full of win!
...when you've been on a staycation for the past two weeks and still eat dinner around 0200 and consider going to bed at 0500 going to bed early.
...seeing bright daylight makes your sleep center panic. I met my aunt for lunch a few days ago and I kept saying "I'm not hungry, my body is telling me to go back to bed!"
.....0430-0530 is the longest hour ever, yet at 0600 you start zooming through your charting, clearing pumps, mentally counting down the minutes!
- Jan 17 by duskyjewelQuote from RNsRWeSeriously, that might be a death penalty offense. I swear to God, my patients in the hospital did anything BUT sleep, and the ones who did sleep, we constantly woke up for vitals or blood sugar checks. I can't even imagine the nightmare of having to deal with meals on top what I already do (I'm a CNA) and have no desire to ever switch and find out.....when you have to hear yet another person say "wow, graveyard shift in a hospital must be so BORING; do you watch tv or something to pass the time?"
- Jan 17 by duskyjewelAnd now for my own contribution:
When you hear the evening drive guy on the radio saying, "TGIF! Welcome to the weekend!" on your way to work. And realize you have never once in your life ever held a job where Friday means ANYTHING! ;-)
- Jan 17 by Nurse LeighYou occasionally don your sunglasses in the building because the interior lights are too bright and screwing with your sleep/wake pattern.
- Jan 17 by LevenaMillerI know THAT one, especially on a full moon!
- Jan 17 by CrufflerJJQuote from danielle5454When checking a pt's orientation to time, I often find myself double-checking my watch & saying "you're right!". It's sad to realize just how fragile my grasp on the month-of-the-year can be at 0400.You become disoriented with time,place and person=)