Work bags: What do you take and what's in it?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Work bags: What do you take and what's in it? in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... I am starting a new job tomorrow and and just started cleaning out my work bag...what a mess! I've...by PediNurse3 Jul 31, '11I am starting a new job tomorrow and and just started cleaning out my work bag...what a mess! I've carried the same huge Vera Bradley tote for a little over a year and it's filled to the brim with a bunch of old bills, lotion, carbon copies of PTO requests, etc.
What do you use to carry your stuff to work? I probably need to downgrade to something smaller as my new work environment is cramped. What do you put in it? I have a makeup bag, extra car key, calendar, change, a calculator, my badge, pens, pencils and highlighters.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=598715©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jul 31, '11 by caliotter3First and foremost keep room for food, snacks, drinks, candy, gum, you know, the important stuff.
- Jul 31, '11 by BrazoriaLVNB/P cuff, stethoscope, clipboard, and most importantly extra feminine products
- Jul 31, '11 by K nurse-one-daysnacks, mints, candy, gum, makeup, old papers, my nursing school books to study if i get down time (Im a tech), pens, my badge, a sweater, steth
- Jul 31, '11 by Poi Dogi have a big red tote bag that i found at a thrift store for $.50.
i am embarrassed to admit that i carry a lot of junk in it:
pens (a pencil pouch)
makeup bag (chap stick, and lipstick)
playtex sport wipes to freshen up
badge with locker key attached
travel size lotion
in my car i keep an extra pair of scrubs, socks, and underwear. a few nights ago i got peed on and didn't have anything to change into. lesson learned!
i take a small lunch box and a covered insulated cup. a sandwich bag has utensils in it because it is impossible to find a fork/spoon when i need one
- Jul 31, '11 by coolpeachI take a backpack and a lunch kit.
Front pocket: Steth, badge, watch (all my other nursing stuff I keep in a bag in my locker).
Middle pocket: Gum, mints, body spray, lotion, keys, electronic cigarettes, cell phone cord, extra cell phone battery.
Back Big Pocket: tampons, hair clips, Tylenol, Pepcid, cough drops, brush, a little pouch with travel toothbrush, toothpaste, hair spray, mouthwash, a jacket, and my tens unit.
My lunch is usually some soup, a sandwich, and lots of munchie stuff like crackers, fruit, cheese, peanuts, chips etc. In addition, I usually have a monster, or 5 hour energy just in case I need it at 3am.
- Jul 31, '11 by prettymicaI have a midsized bag.. i have steth, thermometer, bp cuff( auto and manual), pulse ox.. reference manuals.. gum, lotion,snacks, books and magazines that i never read, extras of nurses notes we never seem to have any at one of my jobs and PTO requests forms.. wallet from purse.
- Jul 31, '11 by RNperdiemI carry a backpack.
Front compartment: cell phone and keys
Middle: pens, pencil, travel size container of asprin, calculator, lipstick and mints
Back: clipboard with bus schedule, lunch bag, teacup, magazine and a stethescope.
- Jul 31, '11 by JRP1120, RNI start my first nursing job this Wed - finally! These are great ideas, thanks for posting!
I will be adding my small container of Vicks vapo rub to put under my nose to stave off the nasty smells!
- Jul 31, '11 by That GuyI take a backpack.
Rain Jacket since the weather is ridiculous lately