Work bags: What do you take and what's in it? - page 3
by PediNurse3 16,361 Views | 66 Comments
I am starting a new job tomorrow and and just started cleaning out my work bag...what a mess! I've carried the same huge Vera Bradley tote for a little over a year and it's filled to the brim with a bunch of old bills, lotion,... Read More
- 2Jul 31, '11 by creative scholarIn my locker are all of my scrubs/scrub jackets neatly folded (we are required to change into our scrubs when we get to the unit) sneakers, socks, feminine products, old papers, notebook, infant/adult stethescope, pens, reference text.
So in my purse is the following: keys, vaseline (for my lips) tylenol (when stress at work builds up), calculator, water bottle, and snacks (apple, carrots, yogurt, gum). i usually eat dinner before I go into work. i leave eveything at work that i really need in my locker, this way im carrying as minimial as possible back and forth to work.
- 1Jul 31, '11 by blackbird singingQuote from Poi DogOMG oh no!! I might have to start keeping an extra pair of scrubs in my locker! hahaDuring a brief change while the male resident was turned towards me. I forgot to put a barrier between me and the resident...I remembered when I felt some wetness on my left pant leg.
- 1Jul 31, '11 by registerednutrnI carry a scrap booking bag that I keep lots of pen ( I'm a pen hound) my sethescope manual bp cuff pill cutter reading glasses
Cell phone charger and other misc stuff keep extra tee shirt in locker. I'm the one everybody want s to come borrow stuff from
- 1Jul 31, '11 by Zombi RNI carry a canvas tote I don't like. In it when I go to work:
pads & tampons
a little bottle of ibuprofen & excedrin migraine
I don't have a locker.
- 2Jul 31, '11 by Not_A_Hat_PersonI work in home health. I have a backpack.
Front pockets: name badge, bandage scissors, 2 or 3 plastic shopping bags (they come in very handy).
Second pocket: pair of scrubs, stethoscope, bp cuff, alcohol wipes, feminine products, ibuprofen.
Third pocket: visit paperwork, box of gloves, CPR face shield (thin plastic), pack of pens.
Fourth pocket: shift paperwork, paperwork ready for submission, GPS.
Side pockets: hand sanitizer, hand lotion.
I keep a flashlight and spare cell charger in my car. I also have a lunchbox.
- 1Aug 1, '11 by nerdtonurse?I don't do a work bag, as I have a locker...but in the locker I have:
Power bar/breakfast bar
5 bucks in 1's
(bad side to nightshift...if you get sick in the middle of the night, there's no pharmacy or store to run to to get tylenol/imodium/throat spray, etc.)
In the purse: