Winner of the creepiest nursing commercial ever....! - Page 2Register Today!
- Oct 1, '10 by TDCHIMI'm with you, @nursel56 - that whooping cough commercial drives me nuts. The worst (national) nursing commercial I can recall is a horrible Johnson & Johnson nursing campaign commercial from a couple years ago that had the jingle: "You're a Nurse...You Make a Diiiference." It was incredibly schmaltzy and played on all the usual nursing tropes to the nth degree, so it drove me nuts.
- Oct 1, '10 by pghfoxfanI believe that studies have been done with patients who reuse catheters at home, and there was no increase in infections. The "germs" at home are not the same as the germs in a hospital. Hospitals are WAY worse. I believe the study was done years ago with Spina Bifida children(many, of whom cathed themselves). I am not saying that it should be done, I am just why it has been acceptable for all these years.
About the commercials, I also hate when they show nurses as "bimbos". I also cant stand TV/Movies that portray this way. Even the shows that show women as strong, educated, etc (Nurse Jackie) feel the need to have them having sex with any cute doctor in a closet, or next to a patient in a coma. I want to see a nurse who is No 1, dedicated to her family, and then No 2, dedicated to her profession. I realize that Sex and Bimbos are money makers but, sorry Hollywood, Bimbo nurses are a small handful that make the rest of us look bad. IMO, these few nurses, are not nursing for the profession, but out to get a Doctor.
- Oct 1, '10 by BluegrassRN
- Oct 1, '10 by DeLanaHarvickWannabeQuote from BluegrassRNI forgot all about that one.
And here is a good one in the same sort of category...
- Oct 1, '10 by BluegrassRNI can't tell if it's real or a spoof! Crazy!
- Oct 1, '10 by blondy2061hQuote from nursel56Good point.What I hate about that commercial is that it's deceptive. It implies that a medical supply company has some sort of control over what supplies will be paid for by Medicaid or an insurance company. Once Medicaid/Medi-Cal/her insurance co approved it her catheters could be supplied by quite a few different companies in my state, anyway.
For pure annoyance value, I vote for the adult pertussis vaccine one with the coughing child and "you may think the safest place for your baby is in your arms" -- don't know why that woman just irritates me, plus they play it every 12 minutes on some channels.
I've never seen the coughing commercial.
- Oct 1, '10 by heronThey're real ... there's a boatload of money to be made in these "middle-man" businesses. There are firms that specialize in all sorts of supplies: diabetic testing, respiratory, mobility. And they all advertise that they'll do the Medicare paperwork for you. I suspect the profit lies in the difference between the cost of bulk-buying huge quantities of supplies vs what they can charge Medicare.
- Oct 1, '10 by SharonH, RNQuote from BluegrassRN
Gosh what will they think of next??
I am LMAO at some of the comments on the Youtube thread.