Will the real Dr. House plz stand up!Register Today!
- by Mr. Evans Mar 21, '10So I'm wondering how many of you work with a Doctor that really practice like the TV counterpart Dr. House? I mean I sure the writers are getting these ideas from some Rebel Doc out there...right?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=463752©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,788 Views
- Mar 21, '10 by Katie803Oh, if someone works with a real Dr House please mention the city and state! I would love to work with a guy like this, we could bicker and argue all day long and I wouldn't get fired (hopefully). LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!
- Mar 21, '10 by DolceVitaWxcwpt he doesn't use nurses for ANYTHING except poop duty. His docs hang IV bags, give shots, insert IVs. Never seen anything like it.
- Mar 22, '10 by MichaelxyQuote from DolceVitaYou forgot the occasional breaking and entering into a patients houseWxcwpt he doesn't use nurses for ANYTHING except poop duty. His docs hang IV bags, give shots, insert IVs. Never seen anything like it.
- Mar 22, '10 by imintroubleA real life Dr House would practice medicine in a real life hospital for about half a day. He'd get awful survey scores. The nurses would write him up. Management would reprimand him, and some crazy pt would send him to the great beyond. But wouldn't it be fun to watch the fireworks.
- Mar 22, '10 by JokerhillI have never seen it form one Dr. alone but a combination of many situations sure. I was in another room when a Dr., asked the interpreter as the patient did not speak english, anyway he very loudly said "does he understand dead?" I know the situation and in my opinion it was called for, but I was 3 rooms down the hall after all. If this was not such a public forum I could tell of many other times when a hospital protocol was flexed a bit. But, the only time I ever saw a Dr. draw blood or start an IV I was teaching them in a classroom. And to know how to run every piece of equipment in a hospital is impossible, but I do like the show.
- Mar 22, '10 by SuesquatchRNPssst.... it's tee-vee.
- Mar 22, '10 by bill4745I love it when his docs do brain surgery, cardiac caths, run the CT scanner, etc.
- Mar 22, '10 by CathyladyChase started out as a pediatrician and now does brain surgery and open heart surgery...amazing. I guess Australian doctors know more than US doctors.
- Mar 22, '10 by CFitzRNQuote from bill4745EXACTLY.I love it when his docs do brain surgery, cardiac caths, run the CT scanner, etc.
I have learned that, as a medical professional, I know way too much to watch these shows. I spend all my time yelling at the television about how they could NEVER REALLY DO THAT.