What is that weird smell?Register Today!
- by tiroka03 Feb 23, '12We have a patient in a long term setting. The patient is very clean, edges on neuotic he is so clean and everything has it's proper place,and the labels are turned just so. No Mess, not fility. Yet he smells really weird. We keep the door closed, because if you open it, the smell wafts out and nearly takes you out. I was wondering if it could be due to a fungus. Have you ever seen this before, and is there help for this man?
- Feb 23, '12 by CrunchRNC diff?
- Feb 23, '12 by LoveMyBugsHoarding food maybe? I had a patient one time who would pour her milk in her potted plants where the milk then soured and smelled up the whole room.
What is he eating something he is eating can make you have an odor?
What is his skin like?
- Feb 23, '12 by KatSof123What is his Bun and Creatnine?
- Feb 23, '12 by Twinmom06my gram had a friend that was meticulously clean but had the absolute worst BO in the world...she bathed etc but she just had an odor that could clear a building...
she passed away when I was a teenager but when Mary came over my bedroom door was shut tight and I went out with friends!
- Feb 23, '12 by GuttercatAside from the usuasl suspects... the bells are going off in my head trying to recall some (genetic, I think) malady that causes horrendous BO no matter how clean the person is. Has something to do with a metabolic disorder or inability to break down a certain chemical.
If I recall correctly, the only antidote is a change in some part of the diet and even then it is difficult to manage.
Grrrrr. Off to google...