What kind of lunch box do you have?Register Today!
- by chrissypsychRN09 Jul 8, '08I've recently gotten into packing my lunch at work (I'm a nurse tech, but I think this is applicable across the board) and have been just sticking everything in a plastic bag and hoping it's ok in the fridge at work. I'm looking into getting a lunch box but I'm not sure what size to get as I work 12 hour shifts and want room for snacks as well as a drink and meal. I've seen the L.L. Bean ones but I'm not sure which one would be best. Anyone have any advice?
- Jul 8, '08 by Jules AI have a small Coleman that I got at a yard sale for $1, lol. Have you checked out Walmart etc.? They should have the little vinyl zippered ones that work good and are probably way cheaper than LL Bean.
- Jul 8, '08 by SakredStregaI have one that I got from Linens and Things. I believe the name on it is BYO or something like that. I really like it. It actually holds A LOT more things than it looks like it would. And when it's empty, it's easy to fold up and put away. Everyone says it looks like a purse
- Jul 8, '08 by lvnandmomx3I have one that looks like a purse too. I bought it at CVS it has a brown and teal swirl pattern on it. I can fit quite alot in it, and only paid $6 for it think. I did see some pretty ones at WM after I got this one. I personnaly would not spend alot on one because not everyone is respectful of other people things. They may leave something above your bag that leaks and such and while most are washable they are never the same after.
- Jul 9, '08 by bassandteaI have a bento box - expensive, but I love it. One of the things I love about it is that I can put it in the microwave and dishwasher. It's one that has two levels, so I can put something in for lunch/dinner and something that makes a quick snack.
- Jul 9, '08 by RNperdiemI use the LL Bean lunch boxes for my children. These lunch boxes are very durable and well made. They are worth the price. They might be a little small if you want space for snacks as well as lunch.
- Jul 9, '08 by lucky1RNhttp://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-Bent...5605949&sr=8-1
This is what I use and I love it. But it was a gift and $50 is kinda steep for a lunch box.
- Jul 9, '08 by midcomI wouldn't spend much money on it. I've found that some people are just not as honest as I am & things tend to just disappear, probaby to be used by someone's child at school.
A plastic bag works fine for me. I don't have to worry about hauling it home or feeling bad when it disappears.
I do get mad, though, when the bag disappears before I eat lunch! That happened to me twice in nursing school. After the scond time, I purposely left a sandwich out in the car in the sun for half a day & then left it in the frig, as if I were going to eat it later. Dang, that one didn't get stolen.