Update: My seven month journey in ICU has endedRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Update: My seven month journey in ICU has ended in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... This was the thread I posted a few weeks ago. Since then, I have been applying for my dream job...by OnlybyHisgraceRN Dec 6, '12This was the thread I posted a few weeks ago. http://allnurses.com/nurse-colleague...th-797265.html
Since then, I have been applying for my dream job along with jobs I think my experience will match. I have a pending job offer for ER and an interview for an CVICU position at a large teaching hospital next week.
Tomorrow I have, an interview for my DREAM job, which is mother/baby on a post partum unit.
Please say a prayer for me y'all. Obstetrics has ALWAYS been my passion. My personality is just not the ER or ICU type.I pray I get this job!!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=801111©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Dec 6, '12 by DSkelton711Praying you get the job!! Maternal nursing is very rewarding, but has its own stressors. Hope it works out for you!
- Dec 6, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNQuote from DSkelton711Thanks!!! I'm sure it does have its' own stress, but atleast it'll be a different kind of stress. I know I'll have to work my butt off and do not take this position lightly.Praying you get the job!! Maternal nursing is very rewarding, but has its own stressors. Hope it works out for you!
Tonight, I'll be studying possible post partum complications and nursing interventions. I now got to get back into new born assessment and care and etc.
Boy oh boy am I excited. If this doesn't pan out, thankfully I got to other options. They may not be my cup of tea but I have to start from somewhere. I'll keep ya posted!
- Dec 6, '12 by roser13So glad that you've had so many opportunities!
- Dec 6, '12 by NursieNurseLPNOnlybyhisgracern- good luck and congratulations! I read your last post and am impressed you had te courage to step away and rethink what you wanted. No matter what happens tomorrow, you are on your way to the career you want. Let us know how it goes!!
- Dec 6, '12 by CheesePotatoMay your interview be smooth, may your hairspray hold, may you blind your interviewers with your brilliance. It's great that you have such a passion for this area of nursing--your excitement is literally palpable and contagious. Absolute best of luck to you!
- Dec 6, '12 by samadams8You got it! And the best to you in your new role!
- Dec 6, '12 by samadams8Quote from CheesePotatoMay your interview be smooth, may your hairspray hold, may you blind your interviewers with your brilliance. It's great that you have such a passion for this area of nursing--your excitement is literally palpable and contagious. Absolute best of luck to you!
And may most of your ladies, should you rotate to L&D, not be screamers!
- Dec 6, '12 by rockstar11Best of luck!!
- Dec 6, '12 by DesireeRN2011Wishing you the best for your interview! Value yourself and let it show in your interview. If you have some time and care to do it - consider how you might answer some interview questions. My interview for my dream job, which I love, I took notes with me to help me in my interview (I'm someone who does better preparing like that). But I am sure you will do well!
People look at the time I spent at my first job and talk about how badly it looks in terms of work history. Not true - I learned a great deal about nursing, patient care and the type of coworker I want to be (I had two coworkers I could trust the others, forget about it). Don't lose site of the stuff you learned, especially the coworker interaction side of things, it will help you no matter what direction life takes you.