Things you didn't learn in nursing schoolRegister Today!
- by brian Admin Feb 13Share your thoughts
Nurses, please share your stories of things you wished you learned in nursing school.
also shared this on the allnurses.com facebook pageLast edit by brian on Feb 13
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=815304©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 18,009 Views
- Feb 13 by RNsRWeI wonder if anyone owns the full 12-volume set?
- Feb 13 by not.done.yetThat seldom are things as perfect as they had to be in order to pass the tests, particularly skills check offs.
- Feb 13 by nurse helenHow to pass meds to 26 patients in 1 hour.
- Feb 13 by sav3alif3RNDidn't learn that nurses are also pharmacist, respiratory therapist, clinical techs, physical therapists, cosmetologist, environmental services and the list goes on. Apparently we do it all....
- Feb 13 by Susie2310How quickly/continuously medical science advances/changes, and how much time, effort and expense is involved in trying to keep up with the changes from the point of view of nursing practice.Last edit by Susie2310 on Feb 13
- Feb 13 by Nurse_How to navigate, adapt and keep your spirits high in nursing?
I know there are many subjects that discussed about it. But nothing can really prepare a nurse outside. There's too many factors. Too many people to navigate. We have to be flexible but not a pushover. Assertive and not aggressive. Basically, how to roll with the bull.
- Feb 13 by RNsRWeWhat I didn't learn in nursing school was that I only learned enough to get me to the point where I could START to learn what I would need to know to work as a nurse.
Have often referred to the Newly-Minted Nurse as having a License to Learn.
- Feb 13 by elprupI wish there was a clearly written and up to date book somewhere explaining it all!
- Feb 13 by crazy&cuteRNWhen I graduated from nursing school, I was basically licensed to apply bandaids. The real learning comes with experience. Having a 6 hour clinical that included a one hour lunch break, 30 minutes and pre and post conference, did not prepare us what soever.