Photoluminescence is the ultraviolet irradiation of the blood. While this may sound intimidating, the therapy is only mildly uncomfortable and in no way causes detrimental side effects. The entire process lasts approximately one hour, and involves running an IV from the patient's arm to remove a small amount of blood. The blood is run over ultraviolet light, which removes all impurities, and is then replaced into the patient.
NeuroCranial Restructuring™ is the newest and most powerful therapy in physical medicine. NCR is a cumulative treatment process involving controlled release of the connective tissue tension to unwind the body and return it toward its original design. NCR utilizes careful analysis of the body's proprioception (patterns of balance) to determine the precise areas of the skull needing to be unlocked during each day's treatment.
This sounds very complex, but in practice it is relatively simple:
After receiving a form of deep muscle massage and external cranial manipulation, the patient is analyzed to determine the cranial treatment pattern for the day. Then the patient is positioned on a treatment table with one or two therapists helping to hold him/her in a very specific position. The skull is finally released by the action of small, inflatable endonasal balloons that are inserted through the nostril and inflated briefly into the throat. The inflation feels like getting water up the nose and rarely requires five seconds to complete.
Endonasal balloons in treatment are not new. They have been used during cranial therapy for over seventy years. Frequently these treatments, such as Bilateral Nasal Specific therapy, gave relief of symptoms and some long-term results while using a generalized pattern of treatment. Many of the results, however, were temporary and the treatment was frequently painful.
NCR is different from these therapies. With the specific treatment pattern found with NCR's careful analysis and the new addition of specific body positioning, the entire skeletal structure can be permanently changed with NCR. This unlocking of the connective tissues' residual tensions combines with precise movements of the cranial bones to allow the structural systems of the body to move incrementally and cumulatively towards the body's original design.
NCR creates a permanent structural release for the changes triggered by traumatic events of a body's life. Birth trauma, accidents and falls, sports injuries, medical procedures, severe emotional and biochemical traumas are just some of the causes of musculoskeletal damage that are released with NCR. Conditions like:
- Anxiety and nervousness
- Arthritis, bursitis, rheumatism
- Attention Deficit Disorder, dyslexia, hyperactivity and other learning disabilities
- Cerebral palsy
- Concussion and other head injuries
- Depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Down's Syndrome
- Ear infection and deafness
- Glaucoma, double vision and other vision problems
- Headaches, head pressure, migraines
- Low energy, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue
- Muscle spasms, neck and shoulder pain
- Organ functioning
- Orthodontic stress and bruxism
- Parkinson's disease and tremors
- Poor concentration and focus
- Relationship difficulties
- Sciatica, kyphosis (hunchback), lordosis (swayback), scoliosis (spiral spine), military spine & other back problems
- Sinusitis, sleep apnea, snoring, other breathing and sinus disorders
- TMD, TMJ (mouth, head and jaw pains)
- Vertigo and other balance problems
- Whiplash Syndrome
- Wrinkles (NCR replaces a face lift)
We suggest infrared coagulation for the person who needs immediate treatment of hemorrhoids. This technique involves the application of infrared light to the base of the hemorrhoid, which clots the hemorrhoid. There are usually three different areas inside the rectum where hemorrhoids occur, referred to as complexes. One area, or complex, is treated at each office visit. Although the patient may occasionally feel a little warmth in the treated area, generally minimal pain or discomfort is experienced using infrared coagulation to treat hemorrhoids. The patient may return to work the same day or the next day. A little bleeding may occasionally occur between the fourth day and the tenth day after treatment. The patient returns in approximately one month for follow-up treatment. This is a very safe, quick, and painless method of treating a very annoying condition. Changes in diet and other natural remedies should also be added in order to prevent recurrence.
This photo was taken on 11/17/00
Treatment of Skin Conditions
Infrared Coagulation may also be used for various dermatological conditions. It has been used successfully for the treatment of common warts of the hands and feet, as well as for a variety of other common dermatologic conditions, such as tattoos, digital mucous cysts, and small hemangiomas. The treatment for these conditions is generally well-tolerated, resulting in cosmetically-acceptable scarring. In most instances, only a single treatment is necessary. Infrared Coagulation can also be used for genital warts from condyloma accuminata.
This is a photo of the same patient taken on 12/22/00, just one month after the procedure.
For those desiring to research this treatment modality further, consider the following references:
1. Colver, G. The infrared coagulator in dermatology. Dermatology Clinics. 1989; 7: 155-167.
2. Bekassy, Z. Infrared coagulation in the treatment of condyloma accuminata in the female genital tract. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 1987; October-December: 209-212.
3. Pfenninger, J. Nonsurgical treatment options for internal hemorrhoids. American Family Physician. 1995; 52: 821-838.
4. Halasz, C. Treatment of common warts using the infrared coagulator. J Dermatol Surg Oncol. 1994; 20: 252-256.
OK, I picked three weird ones, next...
This was what I found on google search, but to answer your questions, no I have never heard of most of these. Chelation, yes, as a legitimate Rx for lead poisoning, but not for other uses. Herbal/nutritional regimes probably refers to stuff like macrobiotic diets. I knew someone once who felt that macrobiotics kept his MS at bay. He has remained healthy, so maybe he's got a point there!