Well, I did a search (on allnurses.com) to see if there was any wise advise, but didn't find what I was looking for. Maybe I just need some cyberhugs and support...
A few weeks ago I had a migraine. I had the whole aura bit (which is usual for me) and I knew it was coming on. The strange thing was that my right hand and right side of my face went numb for several minutes. Well, I went to my dr. for some relief...and they decided to do an MRI & MRA. That was done last Tues.
On Mon. I got a call from the dr. office (I really didn't know WHY they had sent me to radiology in the first place, it was explained as "It is possible for people with migraines that include neurological symptoms to have a stroke in the future...we just want something to base any abnormalities off of.") Anyway, the dr. office said that the radiologist wanted me back for a CT angiogram...the word aneurysm slipped out, but no explanation. They did want me to see the dr. ASAP after the test to go over results, so scheduled that for today.
So, I went on Wed. for my CT angiogram. Thurs. got a call from the radiologist's office...they wanted me back Fri. for another "test"...the gal didn't know what they wanted to do, she only had my jacket in front of her, and no info. So, of course, I went back. Radiologist dr. said he would call my PCP and tell her what he saw...that he had me come back because he wanted to make really sure and get some more angles.
So, FINALLY, this morning I go to my primary care dr. You can tell something isn't quite right when they walk in the room. She tells me "There is something there." It isn't a tumor, but now they have to do some other type of angiogram to make SURE that it is an aneurysm. It is at the carotid and circle of willis...at least that is what I have gleaned from this whole situation. She also said that she wants to get this going NOW, doesn't want to wait, and will move me to the University hospital (yuck) instead of one of the nice ones if she has to, just to get it done sooner.
So, I don't know what to think, what will happen, etc. etc. How is this going to affect my classes and schooling (we are in week 9 already), how long will recovery take, side effects, who will watch my kids & husband....everything.
If anyone knows, or works with pts. post-op who have had surgery for this, how long until I will be out, barring complications?
I know that it is better that they found this now instead of when it (possibly) bursts, and I can't think of a better time, since after May 31 we will no longer have insurance...I am just scared and I feel stupid and stressed...
Any words of wisdom?? And thank you for listening to me ramble on... :uhoh21: