Nurses~ - Page 3Register Today!
- May 4, '12 by SAHMnurseSeriously?!?!?! WOW, that is fantastic!! Those nurses are very lucky to have you honoring them in such a way. I was always happy to get a tote bag.
- May 4, '12 by Peggy Reising RNLike Many Who Responded here, Boy do we wish we worked with and at such a great place with people who take care of each other. That being said, it can easily start with us. Thanks for the inspiration, I may work alone as a respite But I can still celebrate my job. Attitude is the begining. Mahalo and Happy Lei day!
- May 4, '12 by Julie19This is amazing! Kudos!
- May 4, '12 by KelRN215I wish I worked for you! This year, working for a new employer, I got a gift card to Macy's which is way more than I ever got in the last 4 years. My hospital used to give out $5 gift cards to the cafeteria but they stopped doing that a while ago because of the "budget". My former co-workers told me that all they got this year was an e-mail telling them they could get free CEUs.
- May 4, '12 by chelleholli09Hello All,
Looking at all of your nurses' week activities makes me green with envy that my facility does not do any of the things mentioned above. My boss is so busy that we don't get activities like yours. We will probably get a t-shirt and that's all. I would like to work at the facility that is giving away the prizes. I live in a simple rural area in southern utah so we don't get much. Just a pat on the back and a t-shirt. But ya'll have fun.
- May 4, '12 by amoLuciaGitano - I wish all dept heads, nsg and non-nsg, were as passionate as you in the spirit of trying to show appreciation and the value of your staff. Your endeavors to provide them bene's is just awesome. Therefore in honor of nursing week, you have my vote for Dept Head/DON of the year!!! Ty. PS-your staff must be awesome,too.
- May 4, '12 by sauconyrunnerThats some good stuff. Like most others...BBQ, wear white day (which is actually not very popular with any of our actual nurses- especially as we are required to wear all day everyday white or blue), and a guess that nurse from photos of nurses from nursing graduation. There is a gift involved. I am praying it isn't a mug, although I liked the mug, I spent about 3 hours discussing how giving a covered mug as a nurses week gift did not mean they were to use it to consume in patient care areas! I heart my job!
- May 4, '12 by ScrubRNwannabeMay be you should post "How to ask for donations from XYZ" for all nurse managers to see.
That way we might have a better nurse week.
- May 4, '12 by tigerRN2013You're an amazing nurse manager! Where do you work?- I'm coming to get a job there ! I'm so glad your doing that for your nurses because I'm sure that really makes a difference in the way the staff feel about their job and in turn treat the patients. If I ever go into management, I definitely want to make nurse week fun- perhaps even do special prizes for the nurses who can tell the best and worst patient stories and how they handled the situation.
- May 4, '12 by GitanoRNQuote from scrubrnwannabethat's a great idea, which i will incorporate in a future post. however, i been so busy making sure that all of the vendors are scheduled at the right time, plus organizing the fashion show and the nurse of the year award ceremony, plus let's not forget that i still have to function @ full capacity in my every day position, and maintain a household as a single parent for my 3 children. if only i could find more hours in a day this way... i could accomplish it allmay be you should post "how to ask for donations from xyz" for all nurse managers to see.
that way we might have a better nurse week.