Nurse fantasies - page 4
by zumalong 6,370 Views | 39 Comments
What is your favorite nurse fantasy?? Come on now--get your mind out of the gutter. I mean the ultimate time, place, patient type that you would love to care for? The sky is the limit---there is no health insurance, you have... Read More
- 0Jun 30, '02 by mattsmom81Someone was sharing the concept of a robot called "Nurse Bot" on another thread last year.....most of us thought the name was insulting because is inferred a machine could do nursing.
Mario, I like your idea of the Robo-sitter...it could be suspended over the bed with a force field to prevent the patient from pulling out any lines, while leaving the patient unrestrained just with limited movements possible! The scanner ideas are great...to alert the staff of impending problems..."Warning" Warning" Code Brown in progress in 320-A" Hehehe
I like this thread!
- 0Jul 3, '02 by chartnurseP_RN, I'd love to work in your fantasy hospital.
I fantasize of enough time to really spend with your patient, listening to their stories and getting to know them.
An endless supply of pillows and blankets (without snatching from another unit).
More money. Christmas bonuses. Thanksgiving turkeys. Profit sharing. If nurses help reduce length of stay, give the nurse a bonus. Good outcome? Reward the nurse financially. It is done for physicians, why not nurses? We are the ones with the most impact on LOS and outcomes.
- 0Jul 5, '02 by slinkeecatMY FANTASY:
I WOULD FIND A MAGIC WAND AND GO DOWN THE HALLWAYS OF MY HOPSITAL AND BOP MY PATIENTS ON THE HEAD..... MAKING THEM WELL.... OH AND THEN I WOULD GO INTO THE MASSAGE AREA WITH THE SCANTILY CLAD MEN AND STRING QUARTET, THEN I WOULD CALL IT A DAY !!!!! LOL
LOVE THIS THREAD
- 0Jul 6, '02 by fedupnurseTrue staffing by acuity. People with no blood pressures on Dopamine and/or levophed would be the 1:1 that they deserve to be. Maximum ratio in ICU 1:2, Tele 1:4 M/S 1:6, OB 1:2, ER 1:3 in acute and 1:4 or 5 in propmt care type setting.
All suits would be required to do a minimum of 1 week per quarter of clinical time on various units and would get the heaviest assignments with the worst families.
All paperwork would be eliminated. We would dictate our notes the way the docs do. Wear a headset even and just talk as you do your assessment, patient teaching, etc.
Doctors, executives, etc. that treat nurses with respect.
100.00 per hour minimum.
All vacation tiem approved.
All supplies and equipment available and in working order.
Managers who remember where they came from and who actually give a damn.
Health benefits when I retire.
THE WINNING LOTTERY NUMBER!!!!! STAT!!!!!
- 0Jul 6, '02 by microno charting.......of course it has to be done, but it could be accomplished by voice, camera's other.........
and charting is redundant.....do dr. read what nurses chart......not very likely........
oh, no i have to work today.....and i am recognizable.....