a new name for Hiatal Hernia?Register Today!
- by afjgnp Jul 10Just a short question. I am a nurse(rn) and an NP(although I just inactivated my GNP licence-no jobs in NY). Anyway, my husband has a hiatal hernia,but his MD says it isn't called that anymore. I did an online search, but all I come up with is H.H. My husand says the doc said pre-gastric something. (this is also the same md that, when my husband asked about sexual problems he said "I least you are having sex...."). I digress. Anyone hear of another name for H.H. or is this doc full of it?
- 1,247 Views
- Jul 10 by SoldierNurse22Never heard of that...I did a search myself and all it turned up was Hiatus Hernia vs. Hiatal.
- Jul 11 by SunflowerinscMaybe he was talking about gastroesophageal reflux disease GERD, goes along with hiatal hernia.
- Jul 12 by Esme12pericardial diaphragmatic herniaParaesophageal Hiatal Hernia
are the only 2 I could come up with
- Jul 23 by jadelpnWell, at least is wasn't "you know that thing....that makes my throat burn....that hurts......you know, that stomach thing....."
(and I betcha thought this was pertaining to the "sexual problems" part at first.... )
Most people don't even call it a hiatal hernia. Heck, some don't even call it a hernia.
"Thanks Doc, but whatever you wanna call it, what are you gonna do about it????"
- Jul 24 by deadrnI just read an article about a woman whose doctor, in telling her she had lordosis, refered to it as booty butt or something like that.
Sorry, lame first post, I started typing then forgot what the term was the doctor used. Anyway I think she plans to sue.Last edit by deadrn on Jul 24 : Reason: lame first post
- Jul 24 by DedHedRNQuote from deadrnI think I just woke up my neighbors I was laughing so hard.I just read an article about a woman whose doctor, in telling her she had lordosis, refered to it as booty butt or something like that.
Sorry, lame first post, I started typing then forgot what the term was the doctor used. Anyway I think she plans to sue.