May I speak to Dr. so&so? - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 12, '08 by gonzo1What a super cool nurse. My new role model
- Mar 12, '08 by KaroSnowQueenTHAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY COOL!!!
I AM IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Mar 12, '08 by Hospice Nurse LPNOMG! I've THOUGHT that, but never had the %%% to actually say it. I love it!
- Mar 12, '08 by TazziRNPlease tell her she is my new best friend!!!!!!
- Mar 12, '08 by santhony44Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
I'd have given a lot to have been there!!
- Mar 12, '08 by RNperdiemImpressive!
Everyone wins here: The nurse refuses to be intimidated and gains respect, the doctor saves face, and the patient gets what he needs.
- Mar 12, '08 by AlibabaYeah, She is the coolest of cool.
W'all couldn't believe it but there it was in real life.
Better than any movie.
We had even started making bets on what he would do.
- Mar 12, '08 by AlibabaQuote from rn/writerYou know, when you get beyond just how cool it was, it is amazing the calm and matter-of-fact way she let the doc know the boundaries, while giving him a chance to redeem himself.What a gracious, yet effective, way to get her point across. I admire that kind of confident and creative boundary-setting. I shall file this away for future reference.
I wish stuff like that came so naturally to me!
- Mar 12, '08 by SteristripqueenThis made my day! I love this site because it gives a whole lot of encouragement. Next time I get "the favorite" Dr. of all time aka PIA my spine will certainally be straighter!!!!!
- Mar 12, '08 by NurseCherloveWOW!!! That has got to be one of the coolest things I've heard in a long time!
I'll bet she's cool as a cucumber during emergencies too. Now that's a nurse for ya!
Johnson and Johnson needs to use a new motto, something like...
"NURSING....IT'S NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART"