How do you incorporate faith into your daily nursing tasks? - Page 4Register Today!
- May 2, '11 by cjar107013Quote from orangepinkI've observed that there's such a huge difference between nurses who incorporate their faith into their nursing job compared to others who do not.Quote from Nascar nurseI think you are right (ETA: Nascar nurse) and I think we could break it down even further. I've observed that there's a huge difference between... black and white, rich and poor, BSN and ADN, adjective and other adjective.It is this sentence that makes some defensive. It is easy to read it as "If you don't have faith you suck and couldn't possibly be as good of a nurse as someone with faith".
Us versus them is ugly, no matter how you phrase it.
- May 2, '11 by tamadrummerHonestly as a nursing student, I wear my faith on me sleeve. I am not out preaching or anything like that but I will not hesitate to pray with someone and I will not hide the fact that Jesus is my way of life.
I do not judge others and I have no expectation of faith from others on staff, students or of course not the patients.
- May 2, '11 by WoodenpugThis vs. that. Atheists are spiritual beings. They see it differently. Those who do not have a belief that life has meaning, and a purpose, are the ones who have no faith. An atheist may not call it faith, but "What is in a name?...."
Yes, us vs. them is ugly. We have only one enemy. I'm not sure, but I think, in American English, it's called apathy. No sarcasm intended. We do read words differently.
- Whatever can someone please bring me an emesis basin lol
- actually a synonym for faith is anti-science
faith is something that must be accepted without a body of scientific evidence to support it....
science is backed by evidence and by definition requires no faith to be true and accurateLast edit by mindlor on May 2, '11
- May 3, '11 by hiddencatRNQuote from kakamegamamaBut the OP went along to ask for ways to incorporate faith in nursing practice.The OP didn't say which direction the huge difference was illustrated . She didn't say if those with faith gave better care or worse than those who didn't practice with faith. So, hmm.....having faith SHOULD make a difference.....
I always hate when people try to tell me that I have faith or spirituality, I just might not call it that. I don't go around trying to interpret others' worldviews for them. Because yes, I do think that we exist without rhyme or reason or meaning other than the purpose we try to create for ourselves. That's why we should be good to one another: because there is nothing else.Last edit by hiddencatRN on May 3, '11