First Informal Interview as an MSN-EdRegister Today!
- by Tait Apr 12I just wanted to say I haven't felt particularly "special" since I started getting my RN-MSN-ed. For the most part I just kept my head down and put one foot in front of the other each day. Now t
That this journey is complete for me I went to an informal surgical Research Nurse "meet and greet" at a local teaching hospital/University.
For the first time I felt the weight that having an MSN could bring. It wasn't anything spectacular, but I could feel the HR person's attention change when she saw my resume. Even when I told her I wasn't sure this would fit, as I am looking for education experience, she encouraged me to apply anyway so they would have my information on file.
I guess spending most of my life as an ADN, though a proud one because I loved my school, I never really thought of myself as an academic person.
Have to say it was a nice feeling.
- Apr 13 by marycarneyI'm in the same boat. Congrats on your MSN! I'm still working as a staff RN, but boy do I get opportunities to do things now. I take on all I can handle, because you just never know what is waiting down the road.
- Apr 13 by AmnestyThat's lovely =). I hope to one day be in the same shoes. I'm doing my ADN first because it just makes sense for where I'm at, but I know I want to keep going with my education. I may never want to be a NP; I'm really not sure yet. But I do know I want to rise to the top and get the most education and training I can for the nursing role. It's good to know that it will be at least somewhat recognized!
- Apr 13 by nrsang97Congrats! I am working on my BSN. I will continue to take it one step at a time. I just started back this year so it will take me a while before I am done. I am just taking general education towards my BSN right now. I do not know if I want to go for a MSN or not. I don't know what I would do with it. I don't want to do NP that is for sure or CRNA.
- Apr 13 by UTVOL3Cool. I'm also in pursuit of my MSN-ed, so this is good to read. I've waffled a bit on weather to pursue an NP, but I really enjoy the teaching role and feel it is the best fit for me.
- Apr 13 by yedwards42Congrats, Tait! You worked hard and earned it. What a good feeling indeed.
- Apr 14 by VickyRNCongratulations, Tait!!!!
- Apr 14 by llgCongratulations, Tait. I know that feeling well. I had similar feelings with each major milestone of my education/credentials.
Good luck in finding a great position.