My time has finally come to do my first RN renewal. I do actively work as an RN so I cannot use a hospital's LMS system to get good, free classes which would of been my first choice. So I am researching. I have licenses in two states (CA and FL). I am so far beyond excited about CEUFast (CEUFast.com - The Fastest, Easiest way to fulfill your Nursing Continuing Education Contact Hours online!
). I'm excited for a few reasons: 1) they are accredited in CA, FL, DC, KY, and AL. 2) They have a nice very easy to use website. 3) They immediately linked in CE Broker for my Florida license. 3) They are only $30 / year
Let me explain my other experiences so you understand:
1) $20 paid site - Unlimited Online Nursing CEUs for 19.99 RN.org (Official Site)
- Server is impossible. Website is difficult to read. Pages crash constantly. Just painful. I can't imagine trying to get through 30 hours of interactive video content or even text and photo content.
(as someone suggested) - $65 for bundled packages of 30 or so units. Twice as much?
- $36 for the medical-surgical class worth 10.78 hrs. Probably a great course but I'd still be paying almost twice as much and missing almost 20 hours. The other offerings seemed on par with this hours to pay ratio.
4) Free CE Courses | Nurse.com Free CE > Nursing Continuing Education Courses
- there were only about 5 offerings each worth 1 CE. By the time I got to the second one (after already having to do all the registration), I was already being redirected to another site and starting registration all over again.
My problem with the free sites is:
1) No guarantee I'd get enough units between them to not have to sign up for a paid site.
2) No guarantee these will be accepted by one state, yet alone two
3) I do not want to register for multiple sites (especially considering a potential audit)
4) They are fairly difficult to navigate.