Back to Traditional Nursing Uniforms?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Back to Traditional Nursing Uniforms? in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... from nursing link: "nurses in one unit at the jfk medical center in atlantis, fl, have decided...by Paco-RN Aug 19, '10from nursing link:
"nurses in one unit at the jfk medical center in atlantis, fl, have decided to wear the old-fashioned style nursing uniform for an eight-week trial to see how it would affect patient opinion of the care they received and how this would translate into patient satisfaction scores."
read the full article: http://nursinglink.monster.com/caree...ditionalscrubs
what do you think? no mention however as to what male nurses would wear ...
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=498885©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 19, '10 by MInurse.stHell no.
- Aug 19, '10 by JSBostonHa... NOOOOO WAY!!!!!
- Aug 19, '10 by SoonerRN2009As a male nurse...HELL NO
- Aug 19, '10 by ScottE,RNSure *** I'll wear it. Although, that would probably have a negative impact on patient outcomes.
- Aug 19, '10 by Flying ICU RNWell,... might as well make this nice little outfit UNISEX.....
- Aug 19, '10 by BluegrassRNI wear an all white dress (complete with slip and hose) to work maybe once or twice a month. It started out as a joke amongst several of us; we all bought the dresses and wore them for giggles one night. Except....I *liked* it. ALOT. So, it goes in regular rotation with my other hospital scrubs.
I do pay more attention to how I empty commodes, and also how I eat, so as not to get anything on it. My patients love it. It definitely has a retro/hipster feel about it, though. Maybe it's the shoes, the somewhat visible tattoo, my attitude, or simply my own perception, I don't know. It's a hoot, though, and I like it.
Would I want to be forced to wear one every day? Hell, no. Do I like having the option of thinking to myself "hmmm, tonight seems like a white nursey dress sort of night" when I'm getting ready for work? Hell, yeah.
- Aug 19, '10 by Paco-RNI personally don't agree with bringing the traditional nurse uniform back permanently for women (unless of course it's like BluegrassRN uses it and it's voluntary). However, I do advocate the idea of some sort of uniformity among nurses ... these days, I cannot tell at first glance who is a nurse, CNA or a tech anymore. And they all look like walking botanical garden wallpaper or screenshots of the Cartoon Network.
- Aug 19, '10 by ImThatGuyI've worn several different uniforms, but if I had to wear that I'd quit. If I knew coming out of nursing school that I'd have to wear that I'd quit. If I had to wear that in nursing school I wouldn't go. lol
I wish I knew how to get out of scrubs all together.Last edit by ImThatGuy on Aug 19, '10
- Aug 19, '10 by Flying ICU RNQuote from Paco386My personal favorite is the supply guy who looks freshly scrubbed to perform a transplant.these days, I cannot tell at first glance who is a nurse, CNA or a tech anymore. .