I have an interview...Register Today!
This is a discussion on I have an interview... in Gastroenterology Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... on tuesday for a part time GI Rn position. Wish me luck! I think it might be kinda neat, but she...by SnowymtnRN Jul 2, '04on tuesday for a part time GI Rn position. Wish me luck! I think it might be kinda neat, but she said that there is call to be taken, etc...so i'm not so sure about how to manage that with my kids/home life. BUT i am kinda hopign it works out!!!! WISH ME LUCK! :hatparty:
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=71374©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,022 Views
- Jul 3, '04 by renerianHaving been on call since 86 most of the time, I have been called alot. Some nights I worked off and on the entire night. Luckily I had people to help when my kids were little. Now they want me gone all night LOL so they can be.
- Jul 3, '04 by Energizer BunnyGood luck! Good Luck! Good luck!!!
- Jul 3, '04 by J LynnDawn, good luck to you.
- Jul 3, '04 by Blackcat99:chuckle SnowymtnRN I wish you the best of luck and I am sure you will indeed get the job! Congratulations! :hatparty:
- Jul 3, '04 by SnowymtnRNthanks everyone! I guess i'm wondering how much call will i have to take if i'm part time? lol I guess i'll find out Tuesday! If i could find a steady sitter it would be ok, but so far i don't have one that's very steady day to day.
- Jul 12, '04 by SnowymtnRNInterview went well! I'll find out in a few days if i get it or not. They said it was 40 hours a pay period (part time) and its 7 on, 7 off with 2 days of call during that period. So not bad really. hours vary by doctor, so could be 8a-4p, 10a-6p, 12-8p....i kinda like the thought of that.
- Jul 14, '04 by EndoRNCall is rough when you have kids. That's why I have to work per dieum right now. I have 4 (kids).
At the hospital where I work you get called in A LOT! Lots of times when we come in in the AM, the call nurse is up in ICU and has been there since wee hours.
- Aug 12, '04 by SnowymtnRNWell they decided to pass on me. I'm not sure why, but what i got was the letter saying they wanted to continue to look for someone with GI experience. Sigh......oh well not meant to be i guess.
- Aug 13, '04 by Blackcat99Quote from SnowymtnRNSorry to hear you didn't get the job. Hope something better comes your way.Well they decided to pass on me. I'm not sure why, but what i got was the letter saying they wanted to continue to look for someone with GI experience. Sigh......oh well not meant to be i guess.