For the "bad test takers" I passed the second time

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Specializes in anything that I had my clinicals in.

I believe that I have to be one of the worst test takers ever. I get down to those two questions and usually pick the wrong one! I passed the second time at 215 questions. Last time I got 158 and did not pass. I think that the only thing that really help me being a bad test taker is practice practice practice!!!! I did the kaplan and looked up a few things in my nclex book like infection control, a few disease's, and labs. I am not going to tell you I did 200 questions a night because I just cannot sit there that long to do that. I did 50-100 questions a night, and looked at some of the things I was unsure about. But really honestly it was just doing questions and learning how to take the nclex type questions. You can know the information inside and out but if you don't know how to take tests it is going to be that much harder. Practice makes perfect. And another thing that helped was going in there with a positive attitude. If I can do it anyone can I promise!!! Good luck to everyone and THANK YOU ALL from the bottom of my heart. You guys are amazing and will make great nurses.;)

Specializes in ICU, SDU, OR, RR, Ortho, Hospice RN.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy congratulations RN... Now go conquer the field of nursing.

I agree with you on learning how to take the NCLEX type questions as that is what I did... When I sat I felt fairly confident that I had done a heap of study and practice questions. :)

Good to get out of the way eh? Now spoil yourself you deserve it :)

congratulations, YOU did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, keep the good vibes going for the rest of us.:balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:

Itmja, did you look at any of the saunders questions and content? if so, was it more like nclex. i'm doing saunders, but i keep hearing that kaplan is more like nclex. keep hearing that saunder's questions are way to easy. when you get a chance and catch your breath, would love to hear from you.

thanks

To lovenursebeing; I did some of the saunders to freshen up of a few disease's, infection control but I did mostly kaplan. The questions on saunders are easier. kaplan was closer to the Nclex than anything I did. I would get 80% on the test in Saunders and high 50's to mid 60's on the question trainer for kaplan so.... If you do all of the 7 test from kaplan and some qbank (I did 13 qbank at 25 questions a piece) than you should be prepared. I didn't do the 7 test from kaplan the first time. Good luck to you!!!:)

to lovenursebeing; i did some of the saunders to freshen up of a few disease's, infection control but i did mostly kaplan. the questions on saunders are easier. kaplan was closer to the nclex than anything i did. i would get 80% on the test in saunders and high 50's to mid 60's on the question trainer for kaplan so.... if you do all of the 7 test from kaplan and some qbank (i did 13 qbank at 25 questions a piece) than you should be prepared. i didn't do the 7 test from kaplan the first time. good luck to you!!!:)

hi there ltmja! :balloons:congratulations!:balloons: can u share how you score on your question trainer 1-7? i agree its close to nclex exam questions though saunders is a big help with the content material

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

Congratulations

to lovenursebeing; i did some of the saunders to freshen up of a few disease's, infection control but i did mostly kaplan. the questions on saunders are easier. kaplan was closer to the nclex than anything i did. i would get 80% on the test in saunders and high 50's to mid 60's on the question trainer for kaplan so.... if you do all of the 7 test from kaplan and some qbank (i did 13 qbank at 25 questions a piece) than you should be prepared. i didn't do the 7 test from kaplan the first time. good luck to you!!!:)

congratulations to you ltmja! you can now have a good sleep and relax feeling!

~~~CONGRATS~~~

As the old saying says "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!"

Very proud of you..now go out, head up and be the best nurse you can be!

To lovenursebeing; I did some of the saunders to freshen up of a few disease's, infection control but I did mostly kaplan. The questions on saunders are easier. kaplan was closer to the Nclex than anything I did. I would get 80% on the test in Saunders and high 50's to mid 60's on the question trainer for kaplan so.... If you do all of the 7 test from kaplan and some qbank (I did 13 qbank at 25 questions a piece) than you should be prepared. I didn't do the 7 test from kaplan the first time. Good luck to you!!!:)

Hi I just finished QT6 and scored a 68 and i test in 2 days should i do QT 7?

To the last comment, I scored 57 on test 6 and 58 on test 7. You sould be just fine. Take your time, it took me 4/1/2 hours to do 215. Good luck to you. To 2b usrn, I averaged 61% on my qbank and 57 I think on my question trainer. Saunders and kaplan are really good together. I really didn't use anything else except for some nursing notes for the basics. Good luck to you as well. :)

Thank you tomorrow is the big day

To the last comment, I scored 57 on test 6 and 58 on test 7. You sould be just fine. Take your time, it took me 4/1/2 hours to do 215. Good luck to you. To 2b usrn, I averaged 61% on my qbank and 57 I think on my question trainer. Saunders and kaplan are really good together. I really didn't use anything else except for some nursing notes for the basics. Good luck to you as well. :)
+ Add a Comment