Yes, but only one in a discreet area
      Yes, but I wish I didn't
      Yes, I have more than one, but less than ten
      Yes, my body is a living canvas

1,962 members have participated

Specializes in critical care, med/surg.
:D Just thought we needed a new poll...
Specializes in critical care, med/surg.

I have four tattoos, all of which are covered while in scrubs. I have dolphins around my left ankle, a butterfly on the small of my back, a dolphin jumping over my naval, and a gecko on my shoulder.

Specializes in ICU.

Tattoos I don't mind - wouldn't get one but I don't mind them. Can't say the same for body piercings though - especially those in and around the mouth. I just can't stop staring at the rotten thing and it annoys me because I usually like to watch someones eyes when they are talking to me. Can't help it! I find myself focusing on the istud/ring whatever rather than the person's face.

Tattoos, even facial tatoos such as Mouri's have is no problem for me.

NO don't have and never would Guess the age is showing!!! They are just way to perment for me. If you got tired of it removing is very difficult and expensive. I have seen some very beautiful ones but is just not for me

Rhonda

I have one. A dolphin jumping through a peace sign on my lower back. Also have my navel pierced.

I toyed with the idea a few times but just couldn't get the image out of my head: me, female, at age 80, with tatoos on my wrinkled, sagging, droopy old-person skin. Kind of ruined the glamour for me!:chuckle

We had a nurse in school, (probally the smartest and most compassionate) that had a big grim reaper tatooed on his arm. He wore long sleeves most of the time. Just looked sort of wierd for a nurse. I mean the reaper did.

;)

posted by jadednurse

I toyed with the idea a few times but just couldn't get the image out of my head: me, female, at age 80, with tatoos on my wrinkled, sagging, droopy old-person skin. Kind of ruined the glamour for me!

HEAR, HEAR!!

I have always thought it would be nice to have one, but the thought of a faded old, outdated tattoo, slipping and sliding on the old wrinkley skin, to places it didn't originate from, always stops me from getting one!

Specializes in Med-Surg Nursing.

I have a tattoo of a teddy bear holding a rosebud on my outer right ankle. It's concealed by my scrubs.

Specializes in Geriatrics, LTC.

I have four, one on each upper arm and one on each calve. May get a fifth...haven't decided yet.

Specializes in learning disabilities/midwifery.

I wear street clothes at work (I work in learning disabilities) and both my present tattoo and the one Im about to get will be visible most times. Right now I have a band of elephants (not disney like!) around my left upper arm. Soon im off to have a kind of tribal butterfly between my shoulder blades.

Specializes in CCU (Coronary Care); Clinical Research.

Have one tattoo on my ankle, got it in Italy... I have been throwing the idea around to get another one but have not decided...Currently only belly button and ears are pierced, have have tongue and nose at various times though...

+ Add a Comment