First Day By MyselfRegister Today!
This is a discussion on First Day By Myself in First Year After Nursing Licensure, part of Nursing Career Advice ... Hi all! I finished 13 weeks of orientation last Friday ( my unit educator is awesome :)) I am on a...by nursebride2012 Mar 19Hi all! I finished 13 weeks of orientation last Friday ( my unit educator is awesome ) I am on a busy ortho/ general surgery floor and have learned sooooo much during my orientation. I was lucky to have amazing preceptorship and supportive coworkers. Today was my first day by myself without a preceptor.... and while I was and still am nervous ( I am so honored that I get to care for our patients), I also know that the training I received and my education has prepared me well and I look forward to learning much more and hopefully branching into the ICU in the years to come . Good luck to rest of my fellow new grads who are just starting orientations, in the middle of orientation or finishing.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=822592©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,552 Views
- Mar 20 by crazy&cuteRNCongratulations, I wish you well in your career!
- Mar 20 by SchnoorRNYour going to be great. Congrats and I"m glad you had a good experience!
- Mar 20 by citylights89Congrats! I hope I feel as good as you when I finish my OR internship.
- Mar 20 by Stormy8Congrats!!!
- Mar 20 by VirtualI can't wait until I'm in your position, the moment where you've finished school, got a career and finally figure out where everything is without even having to ask someone. Congrats
- Mar 20 by blackvans1234Oh man!
What degree do you have?
What state are you practicing in?
Did you have an ''in'' with management?
- Mar 21 by proud nurseI'm happy for you. I hope to feel the same way in a few weeks when I make it off orientation.
Keep up the good work!
- Mar 21 by bwilliams1018Congrats!!
- Mar 21 by snowymnCongratulations I cant wait to be in your shoes!