Excelsior Students how are you preparing resumes??Register Today!
- by RNFinally12 Dec 27, '12I recently passed the NCLEX and am now trying to figure out how to prepart a resume. There was really no clinical experience with EC and I am not sure how I should word it.
Does anyone have any advise?
- 3,832 Views
- Dec 27, '12 by mammac5Quote from RNFinally12Include the school you did not graduate from and be prepared with a great explanation of why you didn't complete that program and why it worked out so much better than you graduated from whatever EC/CPNE is. It is important to have a positive spin prepared NOW so you are ready with your answer when someone calls you for the pre-interview phone conversation.Should I include a previous nursing school in my resume that I did not graduate from. Also if not how do I explain clinical experience, considering EC doenst have anthing other than the CPNE.. PLEASE HELP!!
- Dec 27, '12 by zieglarfBefore I went to nursing school I took classes occasionally at a community college. No major - just whatever interested me when I had time available. I didn't graduate or even pursue a degree. I listed it on my resume but was told at a 'resume review' that I shouldn't have it on there. Just only graduated or currently enrolled.
I understand their point, but that makes it seem like I never took any college between high school and nursing school.
- Thank you for your thoughts.. I am just concerned about the clinical experience..
- Dec 27, '12 by zieglarfIf you got good clinicals and want to mention any of those experiences then I would list it for sure. Be ready, like mammac5 said, to explain why you didn't finish there but how you learned a lot there despite transferring to a different school.
- I was enrolled in a traditional nursing program and was able to enroll with EC. I do have clinical experience from that, but was not sure if I should use it. I did not successfully finish the traditional nursing program
- Dec 27, '12 by BrillyDQuote from RNFinally12I would think, as a new RN, you can't really list any clinical experience in that capacity - list any previous experience you had though as well as previous licenses & skills.Should I include a previous nursing school in my resume that I did not graduate from. Also if not how do I explain clinical experience, considering EC doenst have anthing other than the CPNE.. PLEASE HELP!!
- Dec 28, '12 by shamrokksHow did you become a RN without any clinical experience at all in the RN program? I thought with Excelsior you had to do clinicals with a preceptor in whatever location you live in? I could be wrong but I checked into their program and I remember that's what I had read.