What phrases do you use?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What phrases do you use? in Emergency Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... We all have short hand expressions, and there've many threads about acronyms. But what phrases do...by JBudd Dec 8, '11We all have short hand expressions, and there've many threads about acronyms. But what phrases do you use?
The homeless alcoholic sleeping it off yet another night: "he's a catch and release" or "roust and oust in the morning".
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=651603©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,781 Views
- Dec 8, '11 by DixieRedHead"Stick 'em and kick 'em"
"D I B"
- Dec 8, '11 by 1JerseyCCRNUm for ICU we "intubate, sedate, and constipate"
L&D " admit 'em and pit 'em"
- Dec 8, '11 by deemalt"T" to "T" ratio. Teeth to tattoo as in if they have more tattoos than teeth, probably a meth user.
- Dec 8, '11 by maelstrom143Treat 'em n street 'em (in GA ED)
- Dec 8, '11 by VICEDRNLine n lab.
- Dec 8, '11 by TeenyTinyBabyRNNICU...
FLK- Funny Looking Kid (something probably genticly wrong)
Most common cause of FLKs are FLPs
CTD (Circling the Drain... and can't hold on to the porcelin)
- Dec 9, '11 by Esme12Serum porcelain level stat (to see what a crock they are)
IQ is equal to the amount of teeth divided by 2
DBQ (dirt bag quotient)
Positive samsonite sign (suitcase in hand for admission)
PPP (Pi## poor protoplasm)
to name a few....
- Dec 9, '11 by KeeperMomBumscicle for the homeless population that come in for "abdominal pain."
FLK - as mentioned above: Funny lookin kid
The Candy Man - the ER doc that gives out pain meds like candy. GRRRR!
I'm drawing a blank! We have several we use in the ER but I cannot remember any more to save my soul. Now I'll never sleep!
- Dec 9, '11 by LegzRNTTCFR (Time To Call For Ride)
DNNTTTDA (Does Not Need To Talk To Doctor Again)
AUS (Another Useless Scan)
DSP (Day Shift Problem)
FLT (Florescent Light Therapy)
Traumas Get Naked and do the No Pants Dance
The 411 (4 of Zofran, 1 of Dilaudid, and 1 of Ativan)