Christmas Songs For The Psychiatrically ChallengedRegister Today!
- by lozza81 Dec 4, '06Thought you may get a kick out of these....
Schizophrenia – Do you hear what I hear?
Multiple Personality Disorder – We three kings disoriented are
Amnesia – I don’t know if I’ll be home for Christmas
Narcissistic – Hark, the herald angels sing about me
Manic – Deck the halls and walls and house and lawn and streets and office and town and cars and buses and trucks and trees and fire hydrants and . . .
Paranoid – Santa Claus is coming to get me
Borderline Personality Disorder – Thoughts of roasting on an open fire
Personality Disorder – You better watch out, I’m gonna cry, I’m gonna pout, maybe I’ll tell you why
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells . . .
Agoraphobia – I heard the bells on Christmas Day but wouldn’t leave my house
Autistic – Jingle Bell Rock and rock and rock and rock . . .
Senile Dementia – Walking in a winter wonderland miles from my house in my slippers and robe
Oppositional Defiant Disorder – I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus so I burned down the house
Social Anxiety Disorder – Have yourself a merry little Christmas while I sit here and hyperventilate
- 3,942 Views
- Dec 4, '06 by np_wannabeUmmm....I have to say, I don't really see a whole lot of humor in this...these folks are ill and sometimes have a very poor quality of life because of it....it seems like you are making fun of them.
no, I am not "getting a kick" out of this.
- Dec 4, '06 by lozza81must just be aussie humour then....just something that was posted in our "have a laugh" book at work, not meant for everyone to like.
- Dec 4, '06 by phoenix72I'm not offended at all and I'm diagnosed for a disorder. I copied it and sent it to my Therapist. Sometimes it's just nice to laugh and not take the darn thing so seriously. Thanks for the chuckle!!!
- Dec 4, '06 by JohnBearPALOL, I also got a good laugh, and think others will too. Just take it as a joke, not meant to hurt anyone. My God, the season is stressful enough, laugh a little!
- Dec 4, '06 by nursecaveI have heard these before and actually used them to help me remember some of the disorders. I use associations to remember things, so this was rather catchy and worked for me.
- Dec 4, '06 by chadashI am very pro-humor. We have had lots of sad disorders and health problems in our family, and have found humor a great way to deal with them. It is healthy to laugh at ourselves, not take it all too seriously.
The only one I had discomfort with was the autism one. Not sure why, but maybe it was sort of the retarded joke kind of thing. The others seemed more academic: more a play on the definition of the disorder. The autism one was more descriptive...
No harm meant I am sure.
My personal favorite was :Oppositional Defiant Disorder – I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus so I burned down the house.
Call me twisted.Last edit by chadash on Dec 4, '06
- Dec 4, '06 by Yin YangOh for heaven sake! Lighten up! These are great, I'm rolling right now. I'm gonna send these to others too. It is based on factual symptoms you know - think of it as . . . educational! while being humorous!
- Dec 4, '06 by SillyLillyHa! I find it hilarious. And will pass it on too!