I got a job!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on I got a job!! in CNA/MA - Nursing / Medical Assistant, part of Nursing Student ... Hey, I just wanted to let you guys all know that I seem to have landed myself a job. :) Last week I...by TurtleCat Jan 15Hey, I just wanted to let you guys all know that I seem to have landed myself a job. Last week I was called in for an interview and they ran a background check on me, yesterday they called me back and had me come in for orientation today. I spent about an hour signing paperwork, then we went in and trained with a fellow CNA until the end of the shift. It was very hard, very tiring work, but I loved it all just the same. I'm going to have 3 more days of orientation, then I'm supposed to be working on my own. I think I'll be OK but I do feel a little bad because I'm still quite slow. I figure it's just a matter of getting the routine and pace down, though; being good and fast only comes with lots of practice and experience.
I was a little worried at first that I wouldn't be able to get a CNA job due to the state of the economy and horror stories I'd read of people looking for months, even years with no luck. But I feel like I pretty much lucked out, this was actually the same nursing home I did my clinicals in. I applied there after being certified and they hired me soon after.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=808757©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 875 Views
- Jan 15 by Twinkle007great, congrats , what state do you live in?
- Jan 15 by TurtleCatLouisiana
- Jan 15 by JeffreyT89Awesome, congrats on the job!!! I'll be attending a CNA cert. course next month. With any luck I hope to be as lucky as you =)
- Jan 15 by tcstr05Congratulations!
- Jan 16 by Kris10NoelCongratulations to you!!!!!!! I also just started a great new CNA gig. Yay for us!
- Jan 16 by proud nurseCongrats! I'm happy for you.
- Jan 16 by malenurse354you are indeed lucky=)!congratulations and best of luck to your new job!
- Jan 17 by Jaynie_MarieCongratulations!!!