- by Zaphod Sep 3, '10First off to say, Im veeery excited to pass this test. I did today, with flying colors. However when I mentioned to the other nurses that I had the CCRN to take this Friday I got- 2 eye-rolls, 7 sighs, and couple of nasty comments about how useless it is. So now I can even tell anyone that I got it. Especially that I am a new CV nurse and new to the unit-but obviously not new to ICU. Sooo, Im telling you guys
- 2,038 Views
- Sep 10, '10 by tri-rnCongratulations! It's too bad it's not more important in our unit - mine makes a big deal out of anyone who passes. Hopefully next year for me
- Sep 12, '10 by ZaphodNope, I told my preceprtor and she said it is an unnecessary test and it doesnt show anythingAnd I dont even get paid any extra or get reimbursed for it-what a bummer..
- Sep 18, '10 by RNCCRN9706Congratulations on passing the test! I for one thought it was harder than the NCLEX-RN.
I think those that devalue the CCRN cert. are those who probably don't want to bother to prepare themselves for the exam and then sit for the test. They are jealous!
Congrats to you!! Be PROUD of this!! Don't hide it!
- Sep 26, '10 by onlyleaCongratulations!
I just passed the test this month also, and I think it's a huge achievement and where I work it's a great accomplishment. Where I work you actually get a bonus for it. And it looks great on your resume because I just transferred to another hospital and they add to your hourly rate. Be proud!!!
- Sep 26, '10 by sunnycalifRNCongratulations! I also got CCRN about a year ago. Our hospital is trying to encourage all critical care nurses to get CCRN but there is a lot of "bleagh!! with tongue sticking out" going on. Perhaps it is because there is not any monetary incentive . . . just personal satisfaction, and an "attaboy" from management.