would you drive 31 miles to school ?Register Today!
- by Twinkle007 Aug 28, '12Hello Dear friends
I am doing kinda "shopping for college" in L.A. area and I found one school that is apprx 31 miles away from my home. I have a reliable car so this is not problem , the probelm is that there is always traffic and it takes sometimes more than 1 h to get there , without traffic about 35-37 min. What do you think about it?
- 1,050 Views
- Aug 28, '12 by Murse520I commuted sometimes an hour to get to class and sometimes an hour and a half to get to my clinical facility. If nursing is your pathway and you are really interested in doing it then I feel like distance shouldn't be a problem especially if you have the resources. If you were worried about gas prices and have an unreliable car then that would be a good reason not to drive so far for school.
- Aug 28, '12 by Twinkle007Murse520--- yes nursing is my passion , I did my CNA and I love it, thats why I want to proceed with education. The thing is that some people are telling me that 31 miles in L.A. traffic is crazy and I'll regret my choice.
Thank you for an answer I appreciate
- Aug 28, '12 by bayareastudent0711if you can handle it go for it. i did that for three years. and it took me an hour to hour and a half some days. on really bad days it took me two hours.
and some clinical sites i had to drive two hours to get there and two hours to get back for twice a week for 7 weeks. for 3 semesters.
if you really want it. you will make it happen.
good luck! =) and invest in a keurig coffee maker instead of buying coffee. it will save you SOOO MUCH MONEY!
- Aug 28, '12 by Alma 3323I did for 3 years and it was worth it. I recommend you listen to MP3's of nursing lectures like Pat Heyman and watch and later listen to henneger on you tube. My textbooks also had summaries on line that you could play early on to give you a better understanding before you even cover the chapter
- Aug 28, '12 by Flaremy commute for college was 30 miles - 60 round trip. If i knew i was headed home at a trafficky time, i'd camp out in the library and get some work done. Ditto for traffic going to school - if i could i'd leave to beat the traffic then park my rearend in a quiet corner and study.
- Aug 28, '12 by nursel5630 miles one-way here, too. Traffic not so much a problem as it was still dark outside and I was heading west, away from downtown LA. We had to be at our clinical site by 6:30am.
@mary - lol at the Gremlin. My roommate had a Pacer, which she called called a similar slang term for urinating.
- Aug 28, '12 by Twinkle007thanks ALL for opinions , I guess I am not the only one here that is willing to drive !