What are the Best and Worst Hospitals you've worked at in Arizona?Register Today!
This is a discussion on What are the Best and Worst Hospitals you've worked at in Arizona? in Arizona Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Just curious as to what people would say. I've only worked in one hospital as a RN, and that is...by dh07RN Sep 15, '09Just curious as to what people would say. I've only worked in one hospital as a RN, and that is University Medical Center in Tucson. I got to say that I love working there, and compared to other hospitals across arizona I have worked in as a Tech, UMC really is a good place to work.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=424000©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,857 Views
- Sep 30, '09 by dreamingRNdhammo01, I'm interested in relocating to AZ and I'm particularly interested in the New Graduate program at University Medical Center in Tuczon. I had a couple questions if you don't mind me asking. What exactly do you like about working at UMC? What do you know about the New Graduate program? How is the Tuczon area like? Thanks in advance!
- Oct 3, '09 by Bug OutI personally loved Chandler Regional Medical Center, many people do not though. Benefits were awesome and the people were great.
Mountain Vista Medical Center is a puuurty hospital with new equipment. The only bad thing is it is an IASIS hospital. Known for not being the best company to work for.
- Oct 3, '09 by dreamingRNThanks for the reply, BugOut! I actually know someone who is working there now and she likes it too! But unfortunately, it seems there aren't jobs for new grads there. But again thanks!
- Oct 9, '09 by amandie24David - how long have you been with UMC?? I hear that they don't pay very well but that the nurse to patient ratio is 1:4 no matter what floor/unit you are on. I am at UPH Kino and despite the fact that I feel like I work a job that is definitely in the trenches, I absolutely love it!!!!Last edit by amandie24 on Oct 9, '09
- Aug 20, '10 by NurcynI did registry all over the place, and here's my opinion:
Best: Kingman Regional, Banner Gateway, Scottsdale Osborn, St. Joseph's, Banner Good Samaritan, Chandler Regional (but not ER).
Worst: BY FAR, Havasu Regional (in Lake Havasu), Promise, and Select Specialty Hospitals----AWFUL!!!!, Maryvale, Phoenix Baptist, Mountain Vista
Obviously totally biased opinions, but I've been to all of them!!!
- Aug 20, '10 by HoozdoWorst- Verde Valley Medical Center
Best - VA hospital in Phoenix
- Apr 23, '12 by Rohan8What did you dislike about Verde Valley Medical Center?
- Apr 23, '12 by HoozdoWhen the economy started going downhill in 2008, management tried all ways to discontinue the seasonal workers. That included bogus reviews and nit-pickiness to the extreme.
I did love the coworkers, hospital, and area. The management left a lot to be desired.
- May 11, '12 by mondragonMaricopa Medical Center has great benefits,they do automatically take out for state retirement.Most departments/staff are friendly and great to work with,however,the operating room has bullies,it can be a harsh environment.Management has acknowledged the department has bullying going on,but management does make excuses for the behavior of the bullies.I heard from several other nurses that it also exist in L & D department.The bullies seem to be the favorites of the management.It is a teaching facility,the doctors are great,really nice to work with,really great residents too.The ER is very busy,and the staff work great with other departments.