New grad payRegister Today!
- by NyGirlRN10 May 31, '11Hi All!
I was just offered a job with Banner Good Sam on one of their med/surg floors as a new grad. They want me to come in to HR next week to finish all the new employee paperwork. When they told me I got the job they didn't bring up salary and I didn't want to either because I heard whoever brings up salaRy first, loses )
Since I am going in next week and they will probably tell me then what my starting pay is, I wanted to ask what is the starting salary? I remember when I first started nursing school, we were told by our clinical faculty that it was around 28-30. I realize with the economy now, it has decreased. But, what should I expect?
Thanks in advance!
- Jun 1, '11 by MassagetoRNI know for a fact that new grad ADN pay for Banner is $25.xx. I've never heard Of new grad pay at 28-30, that might be with shift diff. I think BSN get a dollar more. Congrats on finding the mythical unicorn of a new grad job at Banner. Were you a fellow?
- Jun 1, '11 by NyGirlRN10Thanks for the info! I just got my BSN and I was a Fellow. $26.xx sounds great!! I heart Abrazo pays like $22.xx, which seems kind of low so I am so glad to hear Banner pay is better. )
- Jun 14, '11 by DaughteroftheKingHey congrats on the Job NyGirl!!
I was just offered a job @ St Joes on nights & havent heard from HR yet about when I should come in (ok I'm getting way too antsy, I was offered the job 4 hours ago lol), but I'm curious- I've heard Joes pays way less than the other hospitals, does anyone know what they pay new night shift RNs?
- Jun 16, '11 by RNinWhiteQuote from MassagetoRNMy hospital hires new grads for this pay range. They even pay more than that for night shift.I've never heard Of new grad pay at 28-30, that might be with shift diff.
Oh and congrats on getting hired. I did clinicals in Banner Good Sam's ICU and loved it!!
- Jul 28, '11 by ChuckeRNBe thankful you don't work for Mountain Vista MC. They pay their NGs, $18/hr.
- Jul 28, '11 by MassagetoRNChuck, where did you get this info? I work for Tempe St Lukes as a GN, both hospitals are owned by IASIS, and I wasn't offered that low...... My offer was on target with Banner's GN pay....
- Jul 28, '11 by ChuckeRNApparently, MVMC has a new head of nursing or some such. I have heard this for some time, but my friend talked to a nurse that works at MV and she verified it.
And though they are IASIS hospitals, things sure are different.