I Got I-140 Approval,what is the next step? - page 5
Hi, The agency applied for my petition I-140 on July,2005 (Vermont Center). Today I recieved an Email saying that my case was approved. What is the next step, and how long it will take untill I get my green card? please help... Read More
- 0Dec 13, '05 by nurseakoHello I have a problem with my CG certificate. I passed the exam last July and I passed the Ielts exam last october 15. Until now I still did not receive my CG certificate. It has been almost 2 months since I passed the IELTS. My question is, can my employer start to process my petition even without the certificate yet? I have with me my CGFNS rating. Can they submit my documents to the USCIS for them to start my processing even my certificate is still pending?
- 0Dec 13, '05 by venzIt depends. There are agency that will not process the application if no CG certificate. In my case, my agency already filed my application even I have the CG result only and got my priority date from USCIS. Few months after I took the IELTS exam and passed then forwarded result to ICHP then given the CG certificate. I gave photocopy of my certificate to the agency and then after waiting for 9 months got approval. Received my Packet 3 after a month. And now, I am waiting for my Packet4. Hope this helps.
Try to inquire it to the agency that you are applying for. Goodluck.
- 0Dec 14, '05 by starbinQuote from nurseakoHi,Hello I have a problem with my CG certificate. I passed the exam last July and I passed the Ielts exam last october 15. Until now I still did not receive my CG certificate. It has been almost 2 months since I passed the IELTS. My question is, can my employer start to process my petition even without the certificate yet? I have with me my CGFNS rating. Can they submit my documents to the USCIS for them to start my processing even my certificate is still pending?
did you check your status on your CGFNS acoount online?What do they write? Did you get your visa screen certificate? In my case, they sent my VSc after 3 days of getting my English results but they did not send my CGFNS certificate on the same date. After one week, they updated my online account which showed CGFNS certificate-"mailed" but I did not receive it even after one week since they mailed. I again called CGFNS the guy told-"maam, there is nothing to panic. You will get it within this week." I wonder if they had already mailed my certificate or they mailed it only after I called them, but anyway I got it after few days. I am in the USA and I generally get mails within 2 or 3 days after they are posted. It is interesting that most of the mails from CGFNS are either lost or delayed.
- 0Dec 15, '05 by letinaI just spoke to a real live person at NVC! Made a nice change from hearing the usual automated voice responses :chuckle They told me they received my Visa Bill payment from my agent and packet 3 is being mailed in 2 days. When they get packet 3 returned from my agent, it will be 6-8 weeks to complete my case. Then everything will be sent to the Embassy in London and I will then get an interview date from them. So I'm reckoning in approximately 3 months I should have an interview date. Does this sound about right? I do hope so........it feels like my time will never come. But to be fair, I only got my I-140 approval in October, so I've been much more fortunate than some
- 0Dec 19, '05 by gwaposuzanne, hi. i hope you can answer my questions. I have emailed NVC regarding the status of my application. they said documentation on this case was received on October 31, 2005. Can you give me an approximated time frame as to when will I have my interview? I am from the philippines.
after the interview, how long does the visa gets into your hand ( being positive that i will be granted of it)? Once i have the visa, how soon can I leave for the US?
I already have an NVC case number, does that mean that the fee bill has already been paid?
hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a lot.
- 0Dec 19, '05 by suzanne4I already answered this in another post of yours. When you can leave will depend on your agency, if you are going thru one, as they are the ones that issue you your plane ticket, etc. It usually takes a week or so after the visa is issued, before you actually have it in your hands. It still needs to be processed. When you are at the Embassy, all that they do is give you the approval, but then the actual documentation and printing need to be done.