How nervous were you when you took the NCLEX?Register Today!
- by Joe V Mar 29, '12On the one hand we have those who have no problems taking test and on the other hand we have those who just break down...
Which one are you? How were you when you took the NCLEX? Nervous? Excited? Depressed? Anxious? the sweats??
Please share this with friends and post your comments below!
Want more nursing cartoons?
Last edit by Joe V on Mar 29, '12
- 8,562 Views
- Mar 29, '12 by Meriwhennervous, but not unbearably so. i was more nervous for the psych certification exam.
Quote from gingerrootyou must be coming to psych if you are, welcome! if not, welcome to nursing in general!my test is coming up, and i feel empty about the test...but more excited that i can finally help the people god forgot about (prisoners, the homeless, the addict, the abused).
- Mar 29, '12 by SoldierNurse22I was pretty nervous during the exam, but nothing compares to afterward when I found out my dad had had an MI the night before and had snuck out of the house at 0300 with my mom to go to the hospital. Nothing like finishing your nursing boards and finding out that a close family member is going for a heart cath in a few minutes at the cardiac center down the road.
- Mar 29, '12 by surfnurse311I was terrified and i usually dont get nervous for tests. my school made us do kaplan review and i read the saunders review book. there is way to much hype about nclex. I dont understand how i passed but since I passed and thought i was completely failed it must not be THAT hard...I had so many select all the aboves. shut off at 75. basically started studying the next day because i was 98% sure i failed. but i passed
- Mar 29, '12 by yelllowponyI was somewhat nervous, not overly so though. I had studied, and knew that if I didn't know it by now, stressing out over it wouldn't make me be able to remember it any better. I did well enough in my classes at school, and trusted my instructors. It all went just fine, better than I had expected.
- Mar 29, '12 by VivaLasViejasI was as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs! The instant I sat down at the computer, it hit me: four years of my life, not to mention blood, sweat and tears, and it had all boiled down to this moment.
A mere forty minutes and 75 questions later, the computer shut off and I went into full panic mode---"OMG, I'm not done, they didn't let me answer enough questions, I'm gonna fail!!!" Well, I hadn't, but in those days we had to wait a couple of weeks for our results. I can't even imagine how it must've been in the way-back days when the exam was two full days long and you had to wait THREE MONTHS to find out if you were a nurse or not.....