How many hours should you be working?Register Today!
- by brian Aug 10, '12Hours have been cut back in recent years but for many long hours are still a burden.
For those working long hours, it's hard to find another job ... you just can't pack up and leave. When do you say to yourself "enough is enough"?
What's your weekly hour sweet spot? 40 hours? 50 hours? 60 hours?
I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau
Please share this with friends and post your comments below!
Want more nursing cartoons?
- 11,443 Views
- Aug 10, '12 by ReigenLast week I worked 97.25 got paycheck stub to prove those hours.... and I feel like that picture! LOL
- Aug 10, '12 by joy09If I have to work more than 10 hours a day in an 8 hour day job, that is too much. I just left a full time job because I was documenting into the evening, working up to twelve hours per day by the time I was done. Ideally, if I am paid for eight and it's a salary job, anything over eight is too much if it happens routinely, especially if you don't get lighter days.
- Aug 10, '12 by Oldest&UgliestGosh, Reagin, do they let you sleep there? That is an insane amount of hours!Last edit by Oldest&Ugliest on Aug 10, '12 : Reason: addition for clarity of reply.
- Aug 11, '12 by forbidden2knowAre CNA's paid by the hour or salary?
- Aug 11, '12 by GitanoRNI can definitely relate to the cartoon, I lost count, I was scheduled to work 42hrs. however, I ended-up working 60.5 hours now I need to get some ....Aloha~
- Aug 11, '12 by whoa-nowForbidden, I personally have never known CNA's to get paid salary. In some home care settings though they are paid per visit.Last edit by whoa-now on Aug 11, '12 : Reason: spelling
- Aug 11, '12 by whoa-nowNow... about working too many hours. The grass is NOT always greener. I left a job because I thought mgmt. was crazy to think we could finish all tasks and documentation in the hours we were expected to work in a day. Probably 4/5 days turned into13-14 hours instead of the scheduled 12. (plus commute). Left that job and the next job was even worse. So no, don't pack your bags too quickly!!
- Aug 11, '12 by joanna73I work 12.5 hours. The week I'm scheduled for 5 shifts is just brutal. It takes days for me to recover. Considering I have 20 more years to work, I know I'll need to do something else.