Jump to content

Witchcraft resurgence

Nurses   (18,684 Views | 353 Replies)

2,128 Profile Views; 126 Posts

You are reading page 16 of Witchcraft resurgence. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

126 Posts; 2,128 Profile Views

He says the opposite. He says “physicians have allowed mid level creep and allow hospitals to make them just another “member of the team”. I enjoyed my career in medicine, but if I was a young adult today, there’s no way I would choose medicine. Too much has changed.”

And he says the medical lobby could take some notes from the nursing lobby, and stand their ground, rather than allowing themselves to be cowed.

Edited by HelpfulNatureHopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GrumpyRN has 38 years experience as a NP and specializes in Emergency Department.

1 Follower; 745 Posts; 17,308 Profile Views

1 minute ago, HelpfulNatureHopeful said:

He says the opposite. He says “physicians have allowed mid level creep and allow hospitals to make them just another “member of the team”. I enjoyed my career in medicine, but if I was a young adult today, there’s no way I would choose medicine. Too much has changed.”

Poor daddy, modern life has caught up him and he doesn't like having to listen to other people and consider them. It must be horrible for him to be just a "member of the team."

 

I know you are young and seem to have little or no life experience but seriously?? Do you really expect anyone here to have any sympathy for him? He sounds like the type of person I spent far too much of my time arguing with because "I was just a nurse."

Good luck to you and your endeavours but I really don't think your daddy is doing you any favours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BloomWell has 1 years experience.

2 Posts; 126 Profile Views

On 1/13/2020 at 2:06 AM, Sweet Buttery Grits said:

Probably because people no longer trust it. With so many attempting to live a more natural, holistic lifestyle they are opting out of the high cost of chemically dominant medicine that imitates what nature has provided for free forever. 

Finally, somebody with sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

126 Posts; 2,128 Profile Views

11 hours ago, GrumpyRN said:

Poor daddy, modern life has caught up him and he doesn't like having to listen to other people and consider them. It must be horrible for him to be just a "member of the team."

 

I know you are young and seem to have little or no life experience but seriously?? Do you really expect anyone here to have any sympathy for him? He sounds like the type of person I spent far too much of my time arguing with because "I was just a nurse."

Good luck to you and your endeavours but I really don't think your daddy is doing you any favours.

I mean, I can only imagine what it must be like to go through all of that school and training to be minimized to “just another member of the team”. Everyone deserves respect as a human being, but all roles are not equal. It’s like saying an astrophysicist and a janitor are both to be respected. Yes, but not in the same way. 

Edited by HelpfulNatureHopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tenebrae has 8 years experience as a BSN, RN and specializes in Mental Health, Gerontology, Palliative.

1 Article; 1,512 Posts; 11,148 Profile Views

I think first of all define what you mean by witchcraft

 

Someone can use essential oils without being a practicing witch

Antivaxxers while their collective IQ may be less than my likelyhood of moving to Paris and becoming a supermodel, they are also not witches

Complimentary treatments have a role in health care, if nothing else for the placebo feel good benefits alone. Should regular conventional treatment be ditched in favour of complimentary medicine absolutely not! However being judgemental over a persons choice of treatments has the risk to alientate patients

And yes, I am aware that I have just been very judgemental over anti vaxxers and I run the risk of alienating them however the antivaccination movement is something I can not get my head around or see any benefits in no matter how hard I try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tenebrae has 8 years experience as a BSN, RN and specializes in Mental Health, Gerontology, Palliative.

1 Article; 1,512 Posts; 11,148 Profile Views

On 1/15/2020 at 6:37 AM, WhaleTails said:

Was hoping someone was going to point out that the many forms of "witchcraft" are actual religions, and not all practitioners believe solely in alternative medicine.

OP wants to be a surgeon like Daddy 🙄 but needs to insult the cultural and religious beliefs of others to try and prove a point.

Protip: Being the best surgeon in the world doesn't inherently make someone a good person.

You do know that a lot of drugs were made from, get this, plants?

My favourite ingredients to use in wound care are silver, seaweed, iodine, salt and manuka honey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhaleTails has 1 years experience.

246 Posts; 1,759 Profile Views

10 hours ago, HelpfulNatureHopeful said:

I mean, I can only imagine what it must be like to go through all of that school and training to be minimized to “just another member of the team”. Everyone deserves respect as a human being, but all roles are not equal. It’s like saying an astrophysicist and a janitor are both to be respected. Yes, but not in the same way. 

That's the point of being on a team. One can't function without the other. The janitorial staff that you say aren't worth the same respect as an astrophysicist are important to infection control. I thank my janitorial staff daily because they prevent me from working in filth.

Daddy can't do it all himself.

Daddy would be a lot less effective as a surgeon if he had to sterilize the the operating room himself, mop up after surgery, triple-check his own orders, dispense his own medications, administer his own medications, check on his patients at least hourly, make sure their dinner is the correct diet...

We are all there for the benefit of the patient. All of us, from the surgeon who puts in the pacemaker, to the anesthesiologist who puts them under, to the nurse who performs the postoperative care, to the dietary staff who feeds the patient, to the janitor who cleans up bodily fluids on a daily basis, to the unit secretary who is fielding questions from frantic family members.

Don't go into this thinking that anybody is better than anybody else because when you need help, no one will be there for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GrumpyRN has 38 years experience as a NP and specializes in Emergency Department.

1 Follower; 745 Posts; 17,308 Profile Views

3 minutes ago, WhaleTails said:

That's the point of being on a team. One can't function without the other. The janitorial staff that you say aren't worth the same respect as an astrophysicist are important to infection control. I thank my janitorial staff daily because they prevent me from working in filth.

Daddy can't do it all himself.

Daddy would be a lot less effective as a surgeon if he had to sterilize the the operating room himself, mop up after surgery, triple-check his own orders, dispense his own medications, administer his own medications, check on his patients at least hourly, make sure their dinner is the correct diet...

We are all there for the benefit of the patient. All of us, from the surgeon who puts in the pacemaker, to the anesthesiologist who puts them under, to the nurse who performs the postoperative care, to the dietary staff who feeds the patient, to the janitor who cleans up bodily fluids on a daily basis, to the unit secretary who is fielding questions from frantic family members.

Don't go into this thinking that anybody is better than anybody else because when you need help, no one will be there for you.

Thank you WhaleTails, you said exactly what I was going to write.

Will also add that other people do a lot of schooling and training for their professions, not just doctors. 

To HelpfulNatureHopeful, you really need to get rid of this hero worship and look past the god complex that you seem to think is the natural right of surgeons. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Followers; 5,663 Posts; 27,722 Profile Views

Surgeon would be in a heap of trouble if I (the circulating nurse) wasn't there. Every time he (or she) needed something, he'd have to take off his gloves, get the object, then re-glove, assuming he didn't contaminate his gown. That would make for a really long surgery and a very unhappy surgeon (and patient).

That said, in what world are surgeons treated as "just another member of the team"?  I have not observed that to be the case AT ALL. Surgeons continue to be given top billing, and many of them continue to behave as if they are (as we refer to one particular jackass), "God Himself."

Maybe your daddy has overstepped his bounds enough times that he has been told to back the heck off and function more as a team player. Might explain his attitude.

Edited by Horseshoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

126 Posts; 2,128 Profile Views

I have no idea, never worked alongside him. He said from a financial and stress standpoint it makes more sense to be a mid level. I just don’t want to feel like I settled. But I don’t want to make a stupid financial decision to do so.

Edited by HelpfulNatureHopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GrumpyRN has 38 years experience as a NP and specializes in Emergency Department.

1 Follower; 745 Posts; 17,308 Profile Views

13 minutes ago, HelpfulNatureHopeful said:

I have no idea, never worked alongside him. He said from a financial And stress standpoint it makes more sense to be a mid level. I just don’t want to feel like I settled. But I don’t want to make a stupid financial decision to do so.

I get the stress thing although there is enough stress in health care to give everybody ulcers.

Financial... I don't remember seeing nurses salaries (even NP's) higher than medical staff. Or perhaps he means the financial burden on you (or more likely him) from you going through medical training (that you may not cope with) rather than nurse training (which he sees as easier and shorter). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhaleTails has 1 years experience.

246 Posts; 1,759 Profile Views

7 minutes ago, GrumpyRN said:

Financial... I don't remember seeing nurses salaries (even NP's) higher than medical staff. Or perhaps he means the financial burden on you (or more likely him) from you going through medical training (that you may not cope with) rather than nurse training (which he sees as easier and shorter). 

You're also concerned with the time it's going to take you to get your education...you're 23 and working as a medical scribe. What has your education been like up until this point? Do you have transferable credits? Cause even if you "just" do nursing, you're looking at about 2 semesters of just prerequisites already, plus the core nursing program, plus the additional 2 years for the NP program.

And that's on a perfect schedule. Nursing programs are competitive no matter who your daddy is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.