Jump to content

VCU DNAP 2020 Applicants

SRNA   (40,890 Views | 328 Replies)

1,364 Profile Views; 61 Posts

You are reading page 21 of VCU DNAP 2020 Applicants. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

39 Posts; 671 Profile Views

All,

Mental health is recruiting. Its worth it. 220k per year( Medication management). Not bad:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

93 Posts; 1,115 Profile Views

21 minutes ago, Aspire2020 said:

All,

Mental health is recruiting. Its worth it. 220k per year( Medication management). Not bad:)

With all respect, the people on this site are people that I’ve meant during interviews. We are people that want to become a CRNA because we love it and not just because of money. If we had a passion for mental health then we would not be pursuing anesthesia. The nurse anesthesia field needs nurses that have a passion for anesthesia and want to propel the profession forward. We are people that if we are told no the first,second, third, and so on, we will keep trying to getting into schools. Schools want to see that passion. We are focused on our career path and would appreciate it if you would stop posting about mental health. Thank you.

Edited by Penguins88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 Posts; 671 Profile Views

Hi, stay with your dreams. No point getting mad. Spreading the news on other opportunities out there has ZERO influence on your goals. Maintain your goals and keep your passion for CRNA.

To those that need the information and have the passion to help people, Mental health needs help too. Let me know if you need more information on how to get into Mental Health.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 Posts; 820 Profile Views

2 minutes ago, Aspire2020 said:

Hi, stay with your dreams. No point getting mad. Spreading the news on other opportunities out there has ZERO influence on your goals. Maintain your goals and keep your passion for CRNA.

To those that need the information and have the passion to help people, Mental health needs help too. Let me know if you need more information on how to get into Mental Health.

Thanks

I don't think @Penguins88 was mad--it just feels more than a little disparaging to tout the salary of another career on this thread. I'm sure you can find plenty of Psych NP threads on this website to post on if that interests you. I don't know if you are trying to convince us or yourself that Psych NP is a good career but I would not want to accept care from any provider who's main motivation is salary. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 Posts; 671 Profile Views

Thanks for clarifying and good luck getting in. On a side note, money is one of the motivations for going to CRNA school, many dont publically acknowlegde it but it is acknowledged in some CRNA school interviews and certainly an ok answer. We all desire a fulfilled like and no doubt, money is a factor too. Many move from job to job as nurses, for money and there is certainly nothing wrong with that ( we all know, no point denying it).

Congrats to those that got in and best of luck to those waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 Posts; 500 Profile Views

Does anyone know a rough estimate of the number of people accepted into Richmond thus far? Still trying to stay positive, we still have almost two weeks of May left:)

and good luck to those accepted so far! Such an accomplishment!

Edited by eshontz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 Posts; 379 Profile Views

25 minutes ago, eshontz said:

Does anyone know a rough estimate of the number of people accepted into Richmond thus far? Still trying to stay positive, we still have almost two weeks of May left:)

and good luck to those accepted so far! Such an accomplishment!

I believe they said from 20-26 people per Richmond site. Dr. Damico had tried calling me last week but I missed her call and never got a return call until now after I left a message. I didn't ask directly but I got the feeling the faculty has all just settled in tennessee for the conference and are just now resuming calls when possible between their other commitments. I think I saw one other person accepted to Richmond on this site, so definitely keep your hopes up!

My last name is between E, F, G and H. I don't want to dox myself but it should give you a general idea

Edited by StillneedmyATT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 Posts; 180 Profile Views

4 hours ago, SomePrincessRN said:

What time did you get the call? I don’t see any Abingdon people getting calls yet? My last name also starts with S but I applied for Abingdon.

Amanda called me at 2pm and said she’s traveling but still making calls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 Posts; 225 Profile Views

I just got the call!!! Woohoo! For the Abingdon site. Amanda called just a few minutes ago. She said she’s squeezing all the calls in she can between her obligations. Good luck everyone!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 Posts; 183 Profile Views

Congrats !!!! Good to know that there are more calls to come 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 Posts; 183 Profile Views

I wonder if there is any correlation with these calls and the date the application was submitted . I submitted on the later end of the spectrum and haven’t heard. Would be curious to know if the people who have heard already submitted early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 Posts; 225 Profile Views

Just now, DSnursepurse said:

I wonder if there is any correlation with these calls and the date the application was submitted . I submitted on the later end of the spectrum and haven’t heard. Would be curious to know if the people who have heard already submitted early.

I literally submitted my application the day of the deadline. They just simply have their own process. Unfortunately I feel as the waiting gets longer, the desire makes us over analyze it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.